Preparing Video Wall Software
Software preparation is the third task (following creating a video wall application and video wall hardware preparation) in implementing a video wall solution.
The Appspace PC/Video Wall player works with default Windows codecs. However, should a user require additional codecs, here’s a list of recommended codecs that will work with the Appspace PC/Video Wall player.
- Quicktime Directshow Filters – (Bundled with the Appspace PC/Video Wall player, Requires Quicktime)
- CoreAVC (3rd-party)
- DSfilters (3rd-party)
Quicktime Directshow Source Filters
This codec is bundled together with the Appspace PC/Video Wall player. The installer is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Appspace\Appspace Player\quicktime_directshow_source_filter_126.96.36.199. Quicktime needs to be installed on the PC prior to running this installer.
Recommended PC Settings
To ensure that the Appspace PC/Video Wall player works as expected, it is recommended to perform these configurations on the PC.
- Disable screen saver
- Disable hibernate option
- Set Windows’ desktop theme to classic
- Set the desktop’s wallpaper to a black image
- Remove all desktop items and auto-hide the task bar
- Turn off Windows’ auto updates
- Set auto boot on power