5.1.0 Release Notes
The Appspace Core 5.1 build is a planned release that introduces additional platform enhancements, provides improved security features, and includes the latest bug fixes.
- Public Cloud (Appspace Cloud)
Support for Multiple Domains
- This enhancement allows for better scalability, security, and helps fulfill replication requirements for large organizations with a high number of objects across multiple domains in their Active Directory system.
- Within Appspace Core, the Active Directory configuration user interface has been updated to be able to configure & support multiple domains.
Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- A database agnostic framework has been added which will provide administrators with the choice of deploying Appspace Core with multiple database options.
User Account Lockout Option
- The native Appspace authentication service now has a new configurable option to lock user accounts after reaching the maximum number of failed sign-in attempts.
- The maximum retry value can also be specifically defined within this new security feature.
Password Complexity Option
- The native Appspace authentication service now provides the option to enable password complexity requirements.
- When enabled, password composition rules will be enforced to ensure that users create/generate passwords that meet the minimum complexity requirements as defined in the system.
SIP Call Widget for Edge 340
- The latest Edge 340 firmware (1.1) introduces a new SIP client that enables it to function as a TelePresence endpoint for video calls.
- A new SIP Call Widget has been added into the Sign Manager and allows app designers to perform the following: * Insert the SIP Call Widget as a layout object into an app. * Configure the widget to be registered with the Cisco Unified Call Manager. * Start, accept and end calls through actions. * Respond to a collection of SIP events through app scripting.
Move Players Between Networks
- The Network Management extension has been improved to allow administrators to move player devices among/between different networks.
Move Apps Between Networks
- The Sign Manager extension has been improved to allow administrators to move an app among/between different networks.
Move Users Between Groups and Networks
- The User Management extension has been improved to allow administrators to move users among/between groups in different networks.
New Weather Widget Icons
- The Weather Widget in Sign Manager has been refreshed with a new collection of “flat” icon designs.