The Dashboard is the default landing and home page for users and displays an aggregate of information in the form of dashboard widgets. Each dashboard widget derives its information from an extension that has been installed and is actively running on the Appspace instance. The visibility of the dashboard widget is scoped specifically and restricted to the role of the user. For example, if a user has the right permissions to view and access the Sign Manager extension, the dashboard will present Sign Manager widgets to the user on the dashboard.
The following is a list of commonly seen widgets on the dashboard:
- Recent Uploads: displays a chronological list of recently uploads files/assets
- Content Allocation: displays a chronological list of some recently content allocations
- Recently Updated Widgets: displays a chronological list of some recently accessed and updated widgets
- Content Approvals: displays a chronological list of the ten most recent content approvals.
- Network: displays the total number of registered, online, and offline devices along with any player alerts
- Device Updates: displays a chronological list of the most recently updated device statuses
More widgets may become available/visible on the dashboard depending on the actual extensions that have been installed on your Appspace instance as well as the role/permissions of the user that is currently logged in.