IIS Requirement Checklist
This checklist provides details of the Internet Information Services (IIS) configuration necessary to run Appspace. The purpose of this list is to assist end users that have specific rules and policies in place on how IIS should be configured.
Configuration Requirements (Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1)
Install the following Role Services:
Configuration Requirements (Windows Server 2012)
Install ALL the Role Services stated previously for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, with the following additions:
Applications Created in IIS
- app *
- medianet *
- api *
- library *
* This application requires additional configuration to enable the upload of content/files as large as 2 Gigabytes (2147483648 bytes). This is typically coded: appcmd set config “Default Web Site/<name of app>”-section:requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:2147483648
Application Pools Created in IIS
Application Pool Assigned Applications
Rights needed for IIS
- Not specifically set for Appspace.
- Administrator mode is required to run the AIC installer.
Application Pools .NET Framework version
- AppSpace Services: v4.0
- appspace-ext-pool: v4.0
- Nexus Portal: v2.0
- Nexus Services: v2.0
Managed Pipeline Mode
- AppSpace Services: Integrated
- appspace-ext-pool: Integrated
- Nexus Portal: Classic
- Nexus Services: Classic
- Anonymous authentication – Enabled
Account(s) Running the Application Pools
- ApplicationPoolIdentity – appspace-ext-pool, Nexus Portal, Nexus Services
- LocalSystem – AppSpace Services (this account has permission to create and manage folders for the Appspace installation and extension files).