5.2 Release Notes
The Appspace Core 5.2 build is a planned update that focuses on platform enhancements and includes the latest bug fixes. This build was released on November 16th, 2014 and covers Appspace Cloud and On-Premise deployments.
Training Academy has been removed in this release.
What’s new in Appspace 5.2
- Standard title bar across all extension pages.
- Standardised placement of toolbar icons across all extensions.
- A new user icon now takes the place of the former gear icon at the top right.
New User Invitation Model
- The User Management extension has been updated to include a new user invitation workflow that makes it easier for administrators to quickly add new users to groups through an automated e-mail invitation process. Roles can also be assigned directly through the invitation workflow.
Appspace ID Tracking
- Appspace customers can now track their Appspace ID usage across Cloud and on-premise instances.
- Appspace ID includes users and devices on each instance.
Support for Bulk Online Registration of Edge 300/340 Devices
- Cisco Edge 300 and 340 devices can now be registered using the online registration tool and follows the same workflow as registering Cisco DMP devices.
Video Thumbnail Preview
- Video assets in the Content Library can now be updated to show a different frame for the preview thumbnail.
Enterprise Single Sign-On (On-Premise Only)
- Appspace Core now provides support for enterprise single sign-on (SSO). Configuration can be done with a SAML 2.0 compliant SSO provider and can be set globally or per account.
This is only for an On-Premise deployment of Appspace 5.2
- AE-979: Sign Manager – Duplicating the layout will duplicate the default schedule in content schedule.
- AE-986: Sign Manager – App with HTML5 client as the target device will not play on a Samsung Tablet in Chrome or an iPad in Safari.
- AE-997: Media Container Widget – Unable to edit channel title.
- AE-1000: Network Management – Unable to add applications to sub-networks.
- AE-1010: Device – DMP4400 is unable to display custom player properties.
- AP-5709: Reset password email doesn’t get sent when password retrieval link is clicked.
- AP-6232: 404 error when all device tags are removed and added again.
- AP-5498: System doesn’t show error message for empty value in the Dynamic Media address field.
- AP-5705: Users with Read Only permissions are allowed to upload content to shared folder(s).
- AP-5370: Inputting special characters such as ‘<‘ and ‘?’ in the network notification name produces an error.
- AP-5496: Error page is shown when maximum player limit cross.
- AP-5640: Select all smarthub check-box is not ticked when all the SmartHub check-box is selected.
- AP-6167: Unable to move unassigned players to a player group.
- AP-5394: Searching with an invalid keyword isn’t properly represented in the UI.
- AP-5643: Incorrect thumbnail for RSS ticker and viewer custom feeds.
- AP-5753: Public App link is rendered with the wrong engine.
- AP-6149: Unable to update layout duration.
- AP-5630: Deleted language does not vanish until page is refreshed.