Introduction to Users
The Users extension allows Appspace administrators to manage users and user groups. A user can be assigned different predefined user roles, such as Portal Administrator, Account Administrator, Content Administrator, and such, which will determine their access levels to the different features and extensions in Appspace. A user can also be assigned to a custom created user group in a custom created network. This provides Appspace administrators with an overview of all users on the server, identify the groups they belong to, and the roles assigned to them.
The collapsible network tree in the Users extension is replicated from the Appspace server’s current network topology created through the Networks extension. When a network or or subnetwork is selected, the interface will dynamically change to display the users and user groups assigned to that network.
The Groups section lists the user groups that currently exist in the selected parent network or subnetwork, where you can add or edit user groups. When a user group is selected, the interface will dynamically change to display only the users within that group.
This section lists all user accounts that fall within the user groups of the currently selected network or sub-networks. This dashboard also serves as the main interface for various user management workflows such as inviting new users, deleting existing users, assigning roles, moving users across groups, and suspending user accounts. The user listing table also provides useful at-a-glance information regarding each user’s current roles, network location, user group that they belong to, and last known server login activity. A search bar is also included as a tool for the quick search of specific user names or accounts.
There are several predefined system roles with different access levels in Appspace, created for the standard Appspace workflow, which are as follows:
- Portal Administrator: this role is reserved for the system administrator and has access to all settings, accounts, and networks in the Appspace server.
- Accounts Administrator: this role is scoped to all accounts under the administration of the user. The user has access to everything within all accounts that they manage.
- Network Administrator: this role is scoped to the current network the user belongs to. The user will be able to access all applications and content under that network.
- Content Administrator: this role is scoped to all the apps that reside within the current user’s network. The user will be able to access the properties of an app, and content for all apps including the associated content in the Appspace Library.
- Content Manager: this role is scoped to the content within an app to which the user has entitlement rights. The user will be able to access all content elements inside that app.
- Schedule Manager: this role is scoped to the scheduling of layouts and content within an app to which the user has entitlement rights. The user will be able to manage the scheduling of these elements inside the app.
- Widget Manager: this role is scoped to the management of widgets within an app to which the user has entitlement rights. The user will be able to access all widgets inside that app.
- User: this is a generic user role that provides visibility to any content that is created by the user. The user will only be able to access apps and content created by him/her.