Installing the Appspace App on a BrightSign device
This article provides the instructions to configure and register BrightSign devices for Appspace.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices.
- The Appspace account must have sufficient Appspace IDs to register the device.
- An active Internet connection.
- Ensure the device has been installed with the latest firmware (v 6.1.76 or higher). Download here: https://www.brightsign.biz/downloads/overview.
- Ensure the device clock has been set. Please refer to http://support.brightsign.biz/hc/en-us/articles/218066677.
- A BrightSign compatible SD card.
- A USB keyboard for activation.
- Ensure your network/firewall/anti-virus software is configured to allow access
to the following:
- Network port 80 (HTTP)
- Network port 443 (HTTPS)
The device must be installed with the latest firmware v 6.1.76 or higher, before you proceed.
Follow the instructions below to setup the BrightSign device:
Go to Downloads in your Appspace Cloud account, and download the Appspace App for BrightSign client (autorun.zip).
Copy the autorun.zip file to an SD card.
Insert the SD card into the BrightSign device.
Connect the device to a display screen.
Ensure network connectivity is active, and switch on the BrightSign device. Wait for the device to boot-up and display the ‘Device registration’ page.
The BrightSign device may need to be restarted a couple of times if the device registration page does not show up.
Follow the onscreen instructions to register the device, and assign a channel. For more detailed instructions, click the Registering a Device with Appspace App article.
If you need to reset the device to the default factory settings, please refer to the vendor’s Support forum here: http://support.brightsign.biz/entries/21796878-How-do-I-restore-reset-a-unit-to-Factory-Default-settings-