Managing task templates
Please follow the instructions in the following sections to complete the process of importing the downloaded task templates. This set of task templates is compatible for any Appspace server version that is 220.127.116.11 and later.
This article outlines the steps to:
- Creating Task Templates
- Editing Task Templates
- Importing Task Templates
- Exporting Existing Templates
- Deleting Task Templates
A collection of pre-configured Device Task templates, packaged together as an .admpkg file, can be downloaded below:
|Device Type||Download Link|
Creating Task Templates
Click the Task Templates tab, and click the Add button.
Select the Task Class for the task template.
Enter in the Task Name and Description.
In the Common Parameters section, if there are common parameters between device types, click the Add button, and select the type of parameter to be defined. Proceed to enter in the required details in the appropriate fields for the common parameter.
Additional common parameters can be added by repeating this step.
In the Task Definition section, click the Add button, and select the target device. Click the arrow to expand the device task definition. Proceed to enter in the required Parameters, Command, and Transform sections for the task template by clicking the appropriate Add buttons.
If the task is designed to target multiple devices, additional task definitions can be added by repeating this step.
For more information on Parameters, Command, and Transform sections, please refer to the following article.
In the Availability section, select the the availability of this task template.
- Global - Task is available across the entire network
- Specific Location - Task is restricted to specific networks or groups.
Only Portal Administrators are able to set tasks to Global.
In the Schedule section, select when the task will be deployed.
This is more of a guideline, as the schedule can always change at the time of deployment.
Click Save to confirm the task template settings.
Editing Task Templates
- Configuring task templates will take effect after an update has been set.
- Monitoring or Advanced tasks will need to be re-deployed after the task template has been modified.
- Click the Task Templates tab, and select the desired task template to edit.
- Edit the desired sections.
- Click Save to confirm the task template edits.
Importing Task Templates
Click the Task Templates tab, and click the Import button.
Click the Browse button, and navigate to the task template package you wish to import.
When importing, always ensure that the task package is a valid .admpkg file, and not an externally modified file.
Click Upload to import the file.
Exporting Existing Templates
Click the Task Templates tab, and select the desired task template to export.
Click the Export button, and the task template package will be downloaded to your default download folder with the .admpkg file.
Deleting Task Templates
- Click the Task Templates tab, and select the desired task template to delete.
- Click the Delete button, and click OK to confirm deletion.