5.11 Release Notes
The Appspace Core 5.11 build is a planned update that focused on platform optimization, enhancements, and bug fixes. With a release date of April 30th, 2016, this version is for Appspace Cloud only.
Usability Improvements in Signs
Several windows in Signs have been transitioned from pop-ups to overlays to improve general usability. The following windows in Signs will now be shown as modal overlays:
- Add Media window
- Playout Properties window
- Widget Properties window
- Content Properties window
- Schedule Properties and workflow windows
- Event Actions window
Encryption has been applied to the connection strings and stored passwords in the database and file systems for the following:
- RSS Ticker widget data source
- RSS Viewer widget data source
- Table Listing widget workbook data source
- Remote Control widget workbook data source
- Webpage content
- AP-9867: When new users with email addresses similar to existing users are invited, the new users are registered as existing users.
- AP-9885: In Networks, the description field is reset to blank when a user edits the description.
- AP-9886: In Networks, the current network path does not display in the Parent Network overlay.
- SIGN-420: Expiry date displays incorrectly when user saves a content title with a long name.
- AE-2135: All players download scheduled contents instead of only one player that is tagged.
- AE-2115: Each time a user performs content update, all players (‘000) sync simultaneously resulting in 100% CPU usage.
Appspace 5.11 is a Cloud only release.
Appspace Core on-premise upgrades require an interim upgrade before you can upgrade to the latest version. Please refer to the 5.8 Release Notes for details.
End of Support Dates
Appspace 5.11 is a Cloud only release. Please refer to the Appspace on-premise 5.8 Release Notes for details on deprecated Appspace Core releases.