1.11 Release Notes
This release note describes the new major build for Appspace App v1.11.
- Support for video stretching in Interactive Mode on BrightSign devices.
|Operating Environment||Device||Reference Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 46|
BrightSign 4K Series 2
BrightSign XD Series 2
BrightSign XT Series 3
BrightSign XD Series 3
|Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) 3.0||DBE/DME/DHE/UDE-P/DME-BR series||
|Cisco IEC||Cisco IEC 4600 Series||IEC-4650||v2.3.4b (build 5.354.406)|
|Universal Windows Platform (UWP)||
|Microsoft Surface Pro||Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|
New Features and Enhancements
Support for video stretching in Interactive mode via the ‘player.play.video.aspectratio’ player property. The default Interactive mode aspect ratio is ‘uniform’.
Property Name Property Value Description player.play.video.aspectratio stretch Video may appear stretched player.play.video.aspectratio uniform Video may appear scaled to fit the window player.play.video.aspectratio uniform fill Video may appear cropped
- The aspect ratio property update takes effect after the current video ends. Since live channels do not have an end, update takes effect after user exits and reselects the live channel again.
- In a sign, by default, the video will be stretched to fill the window.
Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
- Cards performance on UWP devices have been improved in this version, however requires Cards version 1.3.3 and above for the fix to take effect.
- AE-3084 - Action scripts in a sign, stopped working after updating to Appspace App 1.10.3 on a Chromebox device.
- In Signs, certain web content is not responsive and does not display in fullscreen. A workaround is to select “None” for the ‘Transition In’ and ‘Transition Out’ options in the Visual Editor.
- Appspace App displays a black screen, and does not play the next layout when playing unsupported video codecs.