1.16 Release Notes
This release note describes the new major build for Appspace App v1.16.
- Support for sending commands to Card using event actions.
- Support to emulate remote control events for Android, iOS, and UWP.
- Support for network command events in Channels interactive mode.
- Support for locking display rotation on Android, iOS, and UWP.
- Improved error messaging for expired subscriptions.
- Includes various bug fixes.
|Operating Environment||Device||Reference Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version||Minimum Appspace Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 46||Appspace 6.0|
BrightSign 4K Series 2
BrightSign XD Series 2
|v 6.1.76||Appspace 6.0|
BrightSign XT Series 3
BrightSign XD Series 3
|v 6.2.63||Appspace 6.0|
BrightSign HD Series 3
BrightSign LS Series 3
|v 6.2.94||Appspace 6.1|
|Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) 3.0||DBE/DME/DHE/UDE-P/DME-BR series||
|v 1.2.4||Appspace 6.0|
|Cisco IEC||Cisco IEC 4600 Series||IEC-4650||v2.3.4b (build 5.354.406)||Appspace 6.0|
|Universal Windows Platform (UWP)||
Microsoft Surface Pro
|Microsoft Windows 10 Pro||Appspace 6.1|
Samsung Tab 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for sending event action commands to a card from a sign.
- Support for sending event action commands from a card to a media zone in a sign. For example, clicking the card’s image triggers the action to display the next media in the media zone.
- Support for adding custom thumbnail in a sign for display in the Appspace App.
- Support for idle behaviour for a sign in interactive mode. By configuring the ‘player.play.idle.behavior = sign = <sign_id>’ property in the sign’s XML text in the Visual Editor, when the Appspace App is left idle, the app will go into passive mode and auto play a sign channel during the idle timeout.
- Improvements to the RSS Viewer widget. HTML code and new line elements are removed to ensure the RSS text is displayed in a single line.
- Improvements to the progress bar in a channel playlist during a transparent update.
- Support for player property replacement when playing a sign in Channels. Currently, Channels just displays a preview of the sign without properties assigned to it.
Appspace App in User Mode
- When using the Appspace App in user mode (for smartphones and tablets), if the user logs in with an expired account credentials, the ‘Your subscription has expired’ message is displayed.
Android, iOS, Universal Windows Platform
Support for display orientation lock.
- If ‘display.orientation’ is set to be portrait (90,270), Appspace App will display in portrait orientation.
- If ‘display.orientation’ is set to be landscape (0,180), Appspace App will display in landscape orientation.
Support for remote control events (Up, down, left, right, enter, numbers (0-9), home, backspace, back).
BrightSign, Chrome OS
Support for network command events to emulate a remote control in interactive mode.
To enable this function, set the ‘Remote.Enable’ player property to True, and execute the network command ‘?remote=[action]’, where actions represent the following:
- up = Up
- down = Down
- left = Left
- right = Right
- system = Device Menu
- select = Select
- back = Back
Execute the ‘?channel=[action]&[searchby]=[value after URI encode]’ network command to perform the following actions:
- Load channel
- By ID: ?channel=loadchannel&channelid=52654
- By name: ?channel=loadchannel&channelname=channel & name
- Load channel group
- By ID: ?channel=loadchannelgroup&channelgroupid=52654
- By name: ?channel=loadchannelgroup&channelgroupname=channel group name
- Load live channel
- By ID: ?channel=loadlivechannel&livechannelid=0001
- By name: ?channel=loadlivechannel&livechannelname=live channel name
- Open Search page
- Load EPG
- Load Recently Added page
- Load Home page
You must URI encode text strings that contain unicode and non-latin characters before executing the commands
- Load channel
Support for executing system commands within interactive mode, as follows:
Executing system commands results in the Appspace App restarting, thus requiring the port to be open again on the following restart. This however does not apply when unregistering Appspace App.
- AE-3222 - RSS viewer widget does not display correctly on BrightSign devices.
- AE-3243 - A large sign with multiple videos does not sync on an AOpen Chromebox device.
- Remote control event is not yet supported in iOS.
- Loading custom fonts via player properties is not working for signs in Interactive mode, on Chrome.
- Known issues with devices when playing Web View Card:
- Certain webpage designs are not responsive (does not show in fullscreen) on UWP.
- XMLHttpRequest (XHR) proxy event in cards is not supported on UWP.
- The “Authentication Required’ message is displayed on UWP and IEC devices, when the authenticated web URL credentials are set.
- Web content causes memory leak and the device reboots on some devices with low specifications.