1.3 Release Notes
This release note describes the new major build for Appspace App v1.3.
- Support for BrightSign devices.
- Support for SmartHub ASE.
- Includes various bug fixes.
|Device||Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 46|
Features and Enhancements
- Support for custom sync cycle.
- Support for scheduled sync.
- Support for SmartHub ASE.
- Added Download Complete events to the log.
- Default log levels persist through reboots.
- Support for portrait orientation at 90º and 270º for BrightSign devices.
- Support for auto-registration process on Chrome OS via CDM policy.
- Support for auto-registration process on BrightSign via policy.json within the registration folder.
- Support for layering on videos for BrightSign devices.
- Added widget functions for:
- Media Container Asset Type
- Media Container Item Title support
- Support for theme customization.
- Support for Roku remote control on BrightSign devices.
- Added Device Task for RS232 screen ON/OFF in AOPEN Chromebox devices.
- Added Device Task for software updates in BrightSign devices.
- Added Device Task for firmware updates in BrightSign devices.
- APC-1996 - Fixed: Using player properties in events and widget properties does not work (BrightSign).
- APC-2001 - Fixed: Video does not play on BrightSign.
- APC-2011 - Fixed: “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toLowerCase’ of null” error returned when launching app.
- APC-1996 - Fixed: Using player properties in events and widget properties does not work (Chrome).
- APC-2000 - Fixed: Performance degradation on Chromebit devices.
- Standardized hotkeys to prevent single keyboard events from interfering with content playback.
- Device Info feature added to Device Menu, to display information such as firmware version, sync status, and network status.
- Support for Asus remote control.
- Layout transitions disabled for optimization.
- Support for closed captions/subtitles in videos.
- APC-2062 - Fixed: When a scheduled media zone is empty, it loads indefinitely on Chromebox devices.
- APC-2048 - Fixed: The ‘updatetextfromquery’ action script does not work in Chrome OS.
- APC-2050 - Fixed: Action scripts do not work on BrightSign devices.
- APC-2012 - Fixed: In Play, with the light theme enabled, when you click “Restart”, “Resync..”, or “Reset Content”, the text is not very visible.
- APC-1678 - Fixed: In Play, the Channel name overlaps the program description if the channel name is too long.
- Live channels stop playing after 12 hours or more.
- Videos in a playlist with mixed content do not play properly when streaming, in Play.
- Play may stop responding when navigating through a large playlist.
- Unable to play MP4 videos in Play (intermittent).
- Scale flicker is seen between videos when using uniform scale modes.