5.6 Release Notes
The Appspace Core 5.6 build is a planned update that focused on platform optimization, enhancements, and bug fixes. Released on August 22nd, 2015, this build is only for Appspace Cloud.
What’s new in Appspace 5.6
Single Sign-On (SS0) authentication for Public Cloud accounts
Customer accounts on Appspace Cloud can now be configured to integrate with SAML 2.0 compliant identity providers for single sign-on authentication. Users with the Account Owner role can enable SSO for their Cloud account. All users within that account will then authenticate through the configured SAML-based identity provider.
SmartHub ASE native support for Windows Server 2012 R2
The SmartHub ASE has been updated to natively support Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.
Web Content assets support HTTP Basic Auth
Web Content assets are updated with the ability to retrieve web content from authenticated sources through HTTP Basic access authentication (HTTP Basic Auth).
Users with the appropriate content roles can enter credentials into a web content asset that will be used for authentication on the target web page.
‘Sync Now’ option for players in Scheduled Sync Mode
Users with the Network Administrator role can now manually override the sync schedule of media player devices in Scheduled Sync mode via the new Sync Now option.
- The Sync Now option can be invoked from the Players Table Listing by simply selecting one or more players.
- The Sync Now option can also be accessed through the Player Properties page.
Additional fields for expanded user information data
The User page now contains additional user fields to enable Connect to retrieve User Profile information from Appspace Core. The additional user fields are as follows:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Email Address
- Street Address 1
- Street Address 2
- Postal Code
- Job Title
- Skype ID
- Employee Type
Streamlined collection of Signs Weather widgets
The total collection of Weather Widgets in Signs has been streamlined to 12 of the most popularly used templates.
Update minimum required from .NET Framework 4.5 to .NET Framework 4.5.2
Updating the .NET Framework to 4.5.2 allows the use of newer, more efficient libraries for development. The installer has been modified to detect the newer .NET Framework 4.5.2 before installing.
- AP-8432: The Invite User Email Notification link does not direct to the Sign Up Page on MSSQL.
- AP-8501: The JobRunner PublicApp is not running.
- AP-8483: The Appspace Installation Center should not appear in Downloads for Free account plans.
- AP-8421: HTTP Basic Authentication on IE issue.
- AP-8422: HTTP Basic Authentication on Popup message.
- AP-8398: Unable to retrieve newly added content folder while using Access Token.
- AP-8314: AppspaceId table does not sync with servertable when deleted from a server or SmartHub.
- AP-8504: Multiple logins for same user.
- AP-8389: The Multi Tenancy “This is unexpected” error page is shown when Portal Administrator attempts to access the Edit User page.
- AP-8542: Users Page keeps loading when Network Administrator tries to access.
- AP-8596: Users unable to invite previously deleted users, as ‘User already exist’ error message is shown.
- AP-8594: Invited user is not shown on Users page, but received the email invitation, and is able to sign-up or login.
- AP-8368: In Signs, the Media Title can be edited with restricted characters.
- AP-8576: In Library & Signs, new invited user fails to upload the local file when logged in.
- AP-8479: The Library keeps generating thumbnails without success after clicking the Set button.
- AP-8390: The Library “This is unexpected” error page is shown when user attempts to create or edit webpage content.
- AP-8315: The Library does not respond when user inputs an invalid date upon choosing ‘Expires by’ = Custom.
- AE-1533: Feedzilla no longer functions