6.3 Release Notes
The Appspace 6.3 release contains several enhancements for Appspace Cloud.
Reorganization of the Appspace console in Appspace Cloud, to reflect the launch of the Account Management Portal made available in Appspace 6.2 On-Premises:
The Subscription tab found via System > Account in the Appspace menu, has been removed from the Appspace console, and is replaced with the new Account Management Portal, which contains all key functionalities and information previously found on the Subscription page.
Instance Settings, and Account Authentication pages found via System > Account in the Appspace menu, are now grouped under Admin > Settings. See Introduction to settings.
Alerts optimizations to reduce resource utilization, and help with general platform stability on the server, which include:
Reducing the number of connections to the database, by introducing caching.
Returning a specific error code to disable the Alerts service when it detects devices that are no longer present or registered
The Subscription page now notifies users to go to the Account Management Portal to view subscription details, and to manage ID usage and licenses.
Appspace based devices and legacy devices are able to accept the account hostname format during registration.
Improvements to API security.
- AP-13826 - Registering legacy devices via the device Registration Wizard fails when using robot or human hostname URLs.
- AP-14290 - In Library, uploading more than 2 media items simultaneously fails.
- AE-3303 - Notifications reports in Appspace 5.8.7 generate incorrect media player data.
- AE-3577 - “Element Creation Error” error displayed when adding Media Zones in a sign.
- AP-10512 - “Change network” link is not visible when the network or subnetwork has a very long name.
- AE-3716 - “Change network” link is not visible when the network or subnetwork has a very long name.
- AE-3718 - Cards is unable to display the images that were selected by browsing the library.
- AE-3738 - Adding Media Zone widgets to a layout in a sign returns an error.
Optimizations to the Device Tasks queue cache to improve performance, resulting in quicker query responses.
Optimizations to the Upload Payload API making it asynchronous and preventing unnecessary locks on the file system, improving overall performance when working with task templates.
- AP-14641 - Unable to access the User profile page, when the username or email address contains the ‘+’ character.
- AP-14642 - Unable to change passwords containing the ‘+’ character.