6.3 Release Notes
The Appspace 6.3 release contains several enhancements and bug fixes for Appspace Cloud.
Reorganization of the Appspace console in Appspace Cloud, to reflect the launch of the Account Management Portal made available in Appspace 6.2 On-Premises:
The Subscription tab found via System > Account in the Appspace menu, has been removed from the Appspace console, and is replaced with the new Account Management Portal, which contains all key functionalities and information previously found on the Subscription page.
Instance Settings, and Account Authentication pages found via System > Account in the Appspace menu, are now grouped under Admin > Settings. See Introduction to settings.
Alerts optimizations to reduce resource utilization, and help with general platform stability on the server, which include:
Reducing the number of connections to the database, by introducing caching.
Returning a specific error code to disable the Alerts service when it detects devices that are no longer present or registered
The Subscription page now notifies users to go to the Account Management Portal to view subscription details, and to manage ID usage and licenses.
Appspace based devices and legacy devices are able to accept the account hostname format during registration.
Improvements to API security.
- AP-13826 - Registering legacy devices via the device Registration Wizard fails when using robot or human hostname URLs.
- AP-14290 - In Library, uploading more than 2 media items simultaneously fails.
- AE-3303 - Notifications reports in Appspace 5.8.7 generate incorrect media player data.
- AE-3577 - “Element Creation Error” error displayed when adding Media Zones in a sign.
- AP-10512 - “Change network” link is not visible when the network or subnetwork has a very long name.
- AE-3716 - “Change network” link is not visible when the network or subnetwork has a very long name.
- AE-3718 - Cards is unable to display the images that were selected by browsing the library.
- AE-3738 - Adding Media Zone widgets to a layout in a sign returns an error.
Optimizations to the Device Tasks queue cache to improve performance, resulting in quicker query responses.
Optimizations to the Upload Payload API making it asynchronous and preventing unnecessary locks on the file system, improving overall performance when working with task templates.
- AP-14641 - Unable to access the user profile page, when the username or email address contains the ‘+’ character.
- AP-14642 - Unable to change passwords containing the ‘+’ character.
- AP-14271 - Unable to set a video from the Appspace Library as background in an Announcement Card in Alerts.
- AP-14842 - The Save & Download button is disabled in the Account Authentication Configuration section for Custom SSO, in the Admin>Settings>Account Authentication tab.
- AE-3771 - Unable to set a MP4 video from the Appspace Library as background in an Announcement Card.
- AP-13916 - User that inherits Network Administrator permissions from a user group, is unable to assign network permissions to a user or user group.
- AP-14632 - Unable to invite new users, and previously invited users disappear from the user list when the user’s group type is 0.
- AE-3484 - Unable to delete Portal Administrators from Users.
- AE-3501 - Content name is different from original in the report generated via Admin > Reports.
- AE-3602 - User who accepts user invitation from Appspace unable to login to the Appspace console.
- AE-3605 - User who accepts user invitation from Appspace unable to login to the Appspace console as the user disappears from the user list.
- AE-3617 - Synchronization issues with Cisco Edge 340.
- AE-3677 - List of users does not load when editing permissions in a sign.
- AE-3679 - Content name added to a Media Container widget is replaced with a random number.
- AE-3710 - System performance issues after upgrading to Appspace 6.2 from version 5.8.7.
- AE-3743 - Device tag is duplicated when adding additional tags via the Add Tag Player button.
- AE-3745 - Unable to add Network or Content Administrator permissions to user.