1.45 Release Notes
This release note describes the new build for Appspace App v1.45.
- Chrome OS 69 pinning
- Support for LG webOS 4.0
|Operating Environment||Device||Reference Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version||Minimum Appspace Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 69||Appspace 6.0|
BrightSign 4K Series 2
BrightSign XD Series 2
|v 6.2.76||Appspace 6.0|
BrightSign XT Series 3
BrightSign XD Series 3
|v 6.2.147||Appspace 6.1|
BrightSign HD Series 3
BrightSign LS Series 3
|BrightSign XT Series 4||XT1144||v 7.1.65|
Chromium v 56.0.2924.59
Chromium v 61.0.3163.79
|Universal Windows Platform (UWP)||
Microsoft Surface Pro
|Microsoft Windows 10 Pro||Appspace 6.1|
Samsung Tab 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
|LG||SM5KC series||32SM5KC||webOS 3.7 v 4.73.60||Appspace 6.2|
|SM5KD series||43SM5KD||webOS 3.3 v 4.02.20|
|SM5KE series||43SM5KE||webOS 4.0 v 04.01.60|
New Features and Enhancements
We are pinning the Appspace App to Chrome OS 69.
This causes all Appspace supported cards, community cards, and custom cards developed by users fail to load properly on Chrome OS-based devices.
A fix released with Appspace App 1.39.2, includes additional meta-data in the app’s Content Security Policy (CSP) header to explicitly define the source to align with the Google policy update.
Thus, we recommend updating your Appspace App to version 1.39.2 or later to avoid issues when running Chrome OS 69.
Support for LG webOS version 4.0:
- With this version, we have enhanced the video playback feature for Appspace App on LG devices, noticeably during portrait orientation playback.
- Although the Appspace App comes bundled with the latest LG SCAP library (v1.6.0) to enable access to webOS 4.0 TV’s functionalities, we have ensured the Appspace App will automatically load the older SCAP library if running on webOS 3.0.
- A memory leak issue on certain devices that were triggered when requesting a timestamp, or when sending the device health status has been fixed.
- AE-5050 - Appspace App on UWP crashes when network connectivity is lost on Windows 10 devices.
- AE-5184 - Unable to stream live channels with HLS streams when viewing via the Appspace App (PWA) on a Chrome browser.
Technical Limitation & Workaround
- BrightSign XT1144 devices running firmware 7.1.65 have the following limitations:
- Mouse cursor disappears when web content and cards are displayed in full screen.
- Unable to play a WMV file without audio.
- Unable to play multicast RTP streams.
The device may crash and reboot, after several playbacks of multiple cards in a channel playlist when in interactive mode.
Below is a list of LG webOS 4.0 issues that occur when Appspace App is in interactive mode:
A UI alignment issue when scrolling up or down; the channel group and channel name texts are not aligned at the bottom of the thumbnail image.
Flickering issues occur during the following instances:
- When loading video after an image playback.
- When channel playlist aspect ratio is set to Uniform.
Keyboard and mouse intermittently get disconnected or do not function when navigating channels.
Back button on the remote control does not function in the Device info page.
Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
Devices updated to Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.48) are unable to register Appspace App.
We recommend updating to the latest Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.122) or higher, to ensure UWP devices work seamlessly with Appspace App.
A cursor is displayed and does not disappear when a mouse is connected to the device, even when not in use. This is an OS limitation, where the UWP releases the cursor control back to the operation system, instead of the App, when there is switching between channel content, or web views.
We recommend disconnecting the mouse when not in use, until this is resolved.