This article provides the instructions to create and configure a Weather card, which allows you to quickly and easily display a 5-day weather forecast within your organization.
The following customizations are available on the Weather card:
- Configure temperature unit in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Display temperature unit.
- Display motion background.
- Display advanced weather information.
- Display the country or state of the location.
- Configure text color.
- Configure background color.
The Weather card is an Appspace supported card, which is officially created and periodically updated by Appspace with new templates and features.
What’s in this article:
- Ensure your device is compatible, please refer to the Supported Card Types section in the Compare device media player capabilities article.
- Account Owner, Publisher, or Editor (author) role in Appspace.
Create and Configure Weather Card
Follow the instructions below to create and configure the card:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Click the QUICK ACTION menu on the top-right and select Create Card, and proceed to step 4 below. Or click Library from the Appspace menu navigation bar on the left, and proceed to step 3 below.
- Select the desired folder in the library, and click the ADD button, and select Create Card.
- Select Weather Card from the Filter by template menu, and select a desired card template.
- Enter in the location of the weather to be displayed in the location field on the card.
- Select the Unit for the temperature to be displayed:
- Select the display options for the Weather card:
- Enable Motion Backgrounds – Display a video background that represents the weather.
- Enable Advanced Weather Information – Display extra weather information, such as the high/low temperature, humidity, precipitation, and how the temperature feels like.
- Show Temperature Units – Displays the temperature units.
- Hide Country/State Name – Hides the country or state of the weather location.
- The following customization options are available:
- Customize the card Text Color
- Customize the card Background Color
- Once customizations have been made, click Next.
- In the Save tab, enter in the Title, as this is a mandatory field. Optionally, you may enter in the Article, Caption, Content Expiry, Content Tags and even upload a custom thumbnail for the content.
- Click Save to complete, and you may now proceed to add the card into a playlist channel.