These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the RSS Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 27 Sept 2019
The RSS card has been updated to allow users to customize the number of RSS posts displayed on the card.
Currently all RSS posts are displayed by default, however users can now choose to limit the number of RSS posts displayed by unchecking the “Display All Items” option, and entering the number of posts to display on the card.
Release Date: 15 Nov 2019
- AE-5639 – Unable to display the RSS logo on Chrome OS version 74 and above.
Release Date: 11 Sept 2019
Introducing an improved RSS card that now supports private RSS feeds, and allows users to quickly and easily customize how RSS feeds are displayed on screen.
You can create a RSS card with the following options:
- Unauthenticated RSS card using valid public RSS feeds.
- RSS card using authenticated RSS feeds.
- RSS card using a private URL.
The following customizations are available on the RSS card:
- Display RSS feed summary and media.
- Configure RSS media aspect ratio.
- Disable low resolution media on RSS feeds.
- Upload a custom font.
- Configure text colour.
- Configure feed duration.
- Configure date format.
- Upload custom logo.
- Enable transitions between RSS feeds.
- Configure transition effects and colours.
This card was previously a community card, however with this new enhancement, the card is now officially an Appspace supported card. Thus, the previous RSS card template will be removed from the Appspace platform, however, cards which are in use will not be affected.