These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the RSS Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Table card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 27 Sept 2019
The RSS card has been updated to allow users to customize the number of RSS posts displayed on the card.
Currently all RSS posts are displayed by default, however users can now choose to limit the number of RSS posts displayed by unchecking the “Display All Items” option, and entering the number of posts to display on the card.
Release Date: 17 Jan 2020
- AE-5734 – Images from the RSS feed are not displayed on the card.
Release Date: 15 Nov 2019
- AE-5639 – Unable to display the RSS logo on Chrome OS version 74 and above.
Release Date: 11 Sept 2019
Introducing an improved RSS card that now supports private RSS feeds, and allows users to quickly and easily customize how RSS feeds are displayed on screen.
You can create a RSS card with the following options:
- Unauthenticated RSS card using valid public RSS feeds.
- RSS card using authenticated RSS feeds.
- RSS card using a private URL.
The following customizations are available on the RSS card:
- Display RSS feed summary and media.
- Configure RSS media aspect ratio.
- Disable low resolution media on RSS feeds.
- Upload a custom font.
- Configure text colour.
- Configure feed duration.
- Configure date format.
- Upload custom logo.
- Enable transitions between RSS feeds.
- Configure transition effects and colours.
This card was previously a community card, however with this new enhancement, the card is now officially an Appspace supported card. Thus, the previous RSS card template will be removed from the Appspace platform, however, cards which are in use will not be affected.