These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the RSS card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 29 Jan 2021
Card Theme Update
The following updates have been made to the card theme:
- The card theme has been updated in the Library with a new design, improving card standardization.
- The card base theme will not be generated during deployment, as the BaseCardTemplate property has been set to false in the manifest.json file in the card template.
- The default fonts have been updated to follow Appspace branding, as follows:
- Header text = Poppin font, previously Monserrat.
- Body text = Roboto font, previously Lato.
- The card template has been assigned with the “Productivity and Engagement” content category.
Introducing Card Content Categories
With the introduction of Content Categories in Appspace 8.0 ac.22, all card themes will be assigned with a default content category, allowing organizations to create content, build channels, and target messaging according to workplace communications best practices and internal communication goals.
These content categories can be changed during card creation by the Publisher or Author, as the card theme has been assigned a content category based on the messaging focus. These content categories are defined as follows:
- Culture & Values – Content that promotes company values and affects the employee experience, to help customers drive company values throughout their organization.
- Goals & Performance – content that showcases both long- and short-term goals and measurements of performance, to create shared ownership of company goals and drive employee performance.
- Productivity & Engagement – content with information that keeps the company running, day-to-day, facilitating organizational productivity.
- Safety & Compliance – content with information that supports employee safety and ensures company compliance with regulatory requirements, to help create a safe environment and promote safe behavior amongst employees.
Users will also be able to view the Content Category for every piece of content within a channel playlist. However, cards created prior to this release will not contain a content category, and will be considered as “Unassigned”.
Release Date: 29 June 2021
- AE-6899 – RSS feed displays as Unsupported Feed, but is able to display and load correctly when re-validated.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The RSS card content creation workflow and card editing user interface, have been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 27 Sept 2019
The RSS card has been updated to allow users to customize the number of RSS posts displayed on the card.
Currently all RSS posts are displayed by default, however, users can now choose to limit the number of RSS posts displayed by unchecking the “Display All Items” option, and entering the number of posts to display on the card.
Release Date: 17 Jan 2020
- AE-5734 – Images from the RSS feed are not displayed on the card.
Release Date: 15 Nov 2019
- AE-5639 – Unable to display the RSS logo on Chrome OS version 74 and above.
Release Date: 11 Sept 2019
Introducing an improved RSS card that now supports private RSS feeds, and allows users to quickly and easily customize how RSS feeds are displayed on screen.
You can create a RSS card with the following options:
- Unauthenticated RSS card using valid public RSS feeds.
- RSS card using authenticated RSS feeds.
- RSS card using a private URL.
The following customizations are available on the RSS card:
- Display RSS feed summary and media.
- Configure RSS media aspect ratio.
- Disable low resolution media on RSS feeds.
- Upload a custom font.
- Configure text colour.
- Configure feed duration.
- Configure date format.
- Upload custom logo.
- Enable transitions between RSS feeds.
- Configure transition effects and colours.
This card was previously a community card, however with this new enhancement, the card is now officially an Appspace supported card. Thus, the previous RSS card template will be removed from the Appspace platform, however, cards which are in use will not be affected.
Was this article helpful?