The Appspace app allows employees to browse and view corporate content published to them, via their mobile phones. The app improves the overall information sharing workflow across an organization making it easy for users to access information from anywhere.
Employees may also use the app to reserve rooms, desks, or designated workspaces at the office, or a building pass to a building or campus area with restricted access. Access to the Reservations system, however, requires a separate subscription. Please contact your Appspace Customer Success Manager for more information.
The app’s user interface aligns with the streamlined design for improved user experience introduced in Appspace 8.0, making it easy for users to navigate through the different channels and channel groups that have been published to them as individual users or their user groups.
This article provides illustrations on navigating the all-new Appspace app on a mobile device.
Launch & Login
Once the Appspace app is installed, when the app is launched, employees have the option to log in to Appspace cloud, private cloud, or an on-prem domain.
If you have previously logged in, you may just select the user account you wish to log in with to access the published content.
You may log out from the Appspace app by clicking the User Profile icon and clicking the Logout button.
Open the Appspace app by tapping the app icon located on the device’s Home screen or the default location of your installed apps.
The below illustrates the default display when viewed from the app.
- To use the Search function, enter a keyword for a title, description, or tag to perform the search.
- Utilizing predictive search, results are displayed as soon as characters or numbers of the keyword are entered in the search field.
The User icon allows you to perform the following actions:
- View the current user account logged in.
- Switch user accounts, without having to log out.
- Log out from the Appspace app.
- The Appspace app menu is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- The menu contains the following items:
- Home – The Home screen displays the latest content that has been published to you.
- Videos – Displays only video content (from all the playlist channels that have been published to you), in a single location for easy access.
- Channels – Displays all channels and channel groups that are published to you.
- Places – Allows employees to reserve building passes and workspace resources, or even book meeting rooms. The Reservations feature is currently in Limited Release, thus may only be visible to selected Appspace customers.
To view any content in the Appspace app, select the Channels icon, and follow the instructions below:
Select a channel group from the Group section (top), or select a channel from the Channels section to view content.
- If a channel group is selected, the channels within the selected channel group will be listed below.
- If a channel is selected, the channel will automatically be displayed depending on the channel’s Employee Mode settings (this setting is configured when creating a channel):
- Feed – All content within the channel will be listed, allowing users to select specific content to be viewed. To view the channel content, click the content or card to and display and view its details such as title, article (description), and publishing details.
- Carousel – All content within the channel will be displayed similar to how it will be viewed in device playback, or when published to the web. This feature is only applicable and available for playlist channels.
The Places screen allows users to create building passes, make workspace reservations, or check on existing reservations.
To reserve a building pass, follow the instructions below:
- Click Places from the menu, and click Building Pass.
- Select the Date and Duration of the building pass you wish to reserve from the drop-down menu. You may book a building pass for up to a month in advance.
- Select the desired available building, and click the RESERVE BUILDING PASS button.
- Confirm the date and duration of the building pass, and click CONFIRM.
Visit the Building Pass Reservations for Employees article for more information.
- Filters – You may use the filters to narrow down the workspace resource that you are searching for.
- Map and Listing View – Switch between the Map (floorplan) view or Listing view.
- Floorplan – Displays the floorplan of the building and floor selected, and also the available workspace resources that are available to be reserved. You may enlarge the floorplan via the spreading gesture with your thumb and forefinger, and select the workspace resource by touching it on the floorplan.
To make workspace reservations, follow the instructions below:
- Click Places from the menu, and click Workspaces.
- Select the Building location and Floor of the workspace resource you wish to reserve from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Date, Start Time, and Duration of the workspace resource you wish to reserve from the drop-down menus.
- Optionally, you may also select the Workspace Type, Capacity, and Facilities to narrow down workspace resources that are available and meet your requirements.
- Once done, click the available workspace resource from the floor plan or resource listing, and click RESERVE.
- Confirm the date and duration of the workspace resource reservation. Optionally, you may enter the reservation Name, Attendees, and Notes.
- Once done, click CONFIRM.
Visit the Workspace Reservations for Employees article for more information.
In the My Reservations tab, you may check, extend, or even cancel existing reservations that you have made.
To view more details of the building pass or workspace reservation, follow the instructions below:
Select a building pass or workspace reservation:
- If a building pass is selected, you may view the building pass details, or have the QR code scanned to allow access to the building. You may extend or cancel the building pass from here.
- If a workspace reservation is selected, you may view the workspace reservation details, or have the QR code scanned to check in. You may also modify or cancel the workspace reservation from here.