You may experience load issues when creating, editing, or previewing an advanced channel (sign), a layout in the sign, or a widget added to the sign. The problem may also occur when previewing the sign’s public link.
In some instances the page does not load at all, or attempts to load continuously without any error messages.
The load issues may occur in the following locations in the Appspace console:
- Channels > select an advanced channel > Overview tab > sign preview app
- Channels > select an advanced channel > Overview tab > Public Link preview (if public link has been enabled)
- Channels > select an advanced channel > Preview tab
- Channels > select an advanced channel > Edit tab > double-click the editor layout
- Channels > select an advanced channel > Edit tab > double-click widget name
- Channels > select a an advanced channel > Edit tab > double-click layout name
- Devices > click device name link > click Preview link in Channel field (when advanced channel is assigned to the device)
With the release of Chrome 69, the Chrome web browser blocks the Flash plugin by default and does not notify the user it is preventing it. The issue may also occur on other browsers. The browsers either block the Flash plugin, or no longer retain the ‘allow Flash’ permissions that you may have set earlier.
In July 2017, after Adobe announced that it is retiring the Flash Player, most browsers have started limiting support for the Flash player, as follows:
Google: The Chrome browser blocks the Flash plugin, and will no longer retain the “allow Flash” permissions set earlier. Chrome will prompt users to enable Flash each time the browser is re-launched; even for sites that were previously allowed.
Microsoft: Edge requires approval for each browser session, while Internet Explorer will continue to allow Flash for all sites in 2018.
Mozilla: Currently you may choose which websites are able to run the plugin. However, it will be disabled by default in 2019.
Apple: By default, Safari requires approval on each website to run Flash.
For Appspace users, this causes load issues when previewing and using editing tools in advanced channels (signs). However, users are mostly unaware of the cause because in most instances, the browser does not notify that Flash has been blocked.
Solution or Workaround
Please enable Flash manually if you are unable to load your sign and its layouts or widgets in the scenarios explained above.
Please refer to step 4. Enable Flash Player in your browser in the following article provided by Adobe for instructions on enabling Flash: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
Was this article helpful?