This article provides instructions to configure and register Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) 6.0 Tizen v4 devices with Appspace App.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices & Operating Systems.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient device licenses to register the device.
- Account Owner or Location Admin user roles with sufficient platform licenses.
- An active Internet connection.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace Approved URLs and the relevant network ports.On your proxy server, ensure our approved URLs are listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection.
Configuring Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP)
Follow the instructions below to configure the Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) device:
- On the Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) device, click Home on the remote control, and select the URL Launcher Settings.
- In the URL Launcher Settings window, enter the following URL in the Install Web App field, and click OK. Install Web App : https://cloud.appspace.com/device/tizen
- Once installed, click the Appspace URL Launcher from the menu bar to launch the Appspace App.
- Once Appspace App is launched and displays the registration screen, you may proceed to Register your device.
The following are some known issues and limitations:
- Appspace recommends that audio or video with audio are not displayed, as there are limited controls for volume which could be disruptive during playback.
SSSP Tizen 6.5 Limitations
- Display orientations are limited to only Portrait or the standard 90-degree Landscape orientation during playback. All other display orientations are not supported.
- When displaying back-to-back video content, the device skips the second video while displaying a blank screen, and proceeds to play the third video.
Was this article helpful?