These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Announcement card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 6 Nov 2020
New Transitions for Text and Layout
The Announcement card receives a new transition update which increases the list of transitions users can select to provide eye-catching announcement messages. However, instead of users being able to select the text and layout transitions independently like before, the text and layout transition fields are now combined. The transitions effects animate all elements, such as the Headline, Summary, and Feature Media, as one within the Announcement card.
Below is the list of transitions that will be available:
- Auto (Default)
- Fade In
- Fade In Bottom Left
- Fade In Bottom Right
- Fade In Down
- Fade In Left
- Fade In Right
- Fade In Top Left
- Fade In Top Right
- Fade In Up
- Head Shake
- Heart Beat
- Jack In The Box
- Roll In
- Rubber Band
- Shake X
- Shake Y
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Announcement card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 17 Sept 2020
Feature Media with Circle Masking Improvements
The configuration of the feature media positions with circle masking has been improved, by displaying the image while taking into account the aspect ratio and margins set in the card editor.
- CT-493 – The Summary text does not display in the preview screen when the “Vertical Split Text and Media” layout is selected in the card editor.
Release Date: 15 Sept 2020
Feature Media Improvements
The configuration of the feature media positions has been improved, by displaying the image while taking into account the aspect ratio and margins set in the card editor.
- CT-468 – Image does not reflect correctly on the device and preview screen, when “Fit” and “Rounded” image features are selected in the card editor.
Release Date: 5 Aug 2020
- CT-2079 – New card editor displays inline action when previewing in portrait mode.
- AE-6120 – Unable to disable card text editor in card schema to prevent users from changing text styling in card.
- AE-6135 – Announcement card does not format correctly on the new card editor in Appspace 8.0.
Release Date: 10 April 2019
The Announcement card has been updated to include the following enhancements and features:
- The Headline and Summary fields’ text layouts can now be aligned to the “Top, Bottom, Middle, 50-50 Middle”.
- Feature media’s new aspect ratio option, “None”, allows uploaded media to be displayed at it’s actual size.
- Images can now be positioned easily via a new anchoring option available when users select “None”, “Fit”, or “Fill”.
- Transitions for layout and text are now separated into individual drop-down menus, each having its own set of transition options. A new text animation is available in the text transition drop-down menu.
- All card themes have been updated to include the additional features, and color schemes that are aligned to the Appspace branding guideline.
Refer to Create Announcement Card for more information.
Release Date: 20 May 2020
- AE-5865 – Brightsign devices occasionally freeze during playback, when a channel playlist contains an Announcement card.
Release Date: 10 Apr 2020
- AE-5956 – Inconsistency with bullet points formatting in cards.
Release Date: 14 Aug 2019
- An update to the Announcement card ensures that margins applied to a feature media with positions anchored, respect the set aspect ratio.
Release Date: 10 Aug 2018
An enhanced Announcement card with animations that include the following features:
- Playlist capabilities with multiple images and video.
- Support for playout duration and transitions for images.
- New formatting options such as aspect ratio, border, and margin.
- A special tracking effect which is a combination of pan and zoom effects applied to images for motion.
- Text and feature media elements are animated into the layout during every channel transition.
- New layout control and layout formatting options.
- Ability to position and resize custom logo.
- New use-case specific themes.
Existing Appspace Announcement card templates (prior to this release) will be disabled by default. Administrators may enable it if needed. However, user created themes will still remain in the Library.