These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Dashboard card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
The Dashboard card is Appspace’s latest card allowing organizations to display authenticated dashboards, such as live analytical reports or other data visualization charts. Utilizing the Appspace integration feature, the Dashboard card can be designed to work with any dashboard reporting platforms via their APIs. Currently, the following dashboard reporting platforms are supported, with each built using the Dashboard card theme:
- Power Bi card
Release Date: 22 June 2021
- Improved screenshots for thumbnails, allowing for quick identification and the ability to preview the dashboard when selected.
- Automatically detect and populate the Power BI Workspace dropdown based on the Power BI Dashboard URL entered. If successful, the Workspace dropdown is disabled.
Release Date: 4 June 2021
Microsoft Power BI Support
This release sees the support for Microsoft Power BI dashboards, via the Appspace Power BI card. Users need to authenticate a Power BI service account with Appspace, to be able to display dashboards associated with that account.
The Dashboard card is currently only supported on the following devices:
- Chrome OS
- Cisco Collaboration Endpoints (CE) – Signage Mode
- Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
For more information, instructions, and limitations, please refer to Cards: Display Power BI Dashboards
Technical Limitations & Workaround
- Only supported on AOpen Chromebox devices. Unable to display Advance Channels in Channel Browsing mode.
- Channel Browsing mode is not supported on Crestron AirMedia and Mercury devices.
- Only supported on MediaVue SureVue D2 devices. Unable to display Advance Channels in Channel Browsing mode.
- Unable to display playback for 24 hours on iOS and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) devices.