These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Industry Feeds card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 26 Feb 2021
The Industry Feeds card allows organizations to display premium content feeds based on the specific industries or high-level topics that have been created by Appspace.
The following features and customizations are available on the Industry Feeds card:
- Display a single feed of industry or high-level topic-based content, with each being populated with a continuous schedule of videos created by Appspace. Each video remains current and displayed on the feed for up to 4 business days, after which will automatically disappear from the feed when the schedule expires.
- Appspace currently offers the following premium content feeds that can be selected:
- Corporate Culture
- Holidays and Observances (Eng)
- Holidays and Observances (Eng, Sp)
- Industrial (Eng)
- Industrial (Eng, Sp)
- Industrial and MSHA Alerts
- Transportation (Eng)
- Transportation (Eng, Sp)
- Warehouse and Distribution (Eng)
- Warehouse and Distribution (Eng, Sp)
- Waste and Recycling
- Only a single premium content feed can be selected, while multiple content items can be selected from that feed.
- While most premium content feeds are in English, some premium content feeds may include dual-language content items, such as English and Spanish, which will have “(Eng, Sp)” appended after the premium content feed name. Selecting these premium content feeds allows for dual-language content to be displayed.
- Ability to select, search, and review content to be included in the feed quickly, as each content is easily identified by its thumbnail image, title, playback duration, and past playback schedules.
- Ability to preview content in its entirety before including the content in the feed.
- Ability to select how many content items in the feed is displayed during playback:
- All items: Displays all current and selected content items during playback.
- 1: Displays only one current and selected content item per playback loop, as the card carousels through all current and selected content.
- Ability to switch between “all content” and “only selected content” views.
- Support for cached playback on supported devices, which automatically caches content selected in the Industry Content Collection card, allowing for decreased bandwidth usage, as well as the ability to still display if the device loses network connectivity. This feature is dependant and varies based on the capabilities and limitations of the device.
- The card template has been assigned with the “Safety & Compliance” default content category.
For more information, instructions, and limitations, please refer to Cards: Display Industry Feeds article.