These release notes provide information on new features, enhancements, bug fixes, and resolved escalations completed in every major, minor, and patch release for the Web View card.
- Category Type: Feed
- Content Category Type: Productivity & Engagement
- Tags: Dynamic, Web
16 Nov 2023, Thursday
Web View 1.8.1
- AE-9729 – The Tizen 6.5 device encounters problems when using basic authentication in the Web View card.
27 July 2023, Thursday
Web View 1.8
Web View Card Refresh on Network Recovery
Improvements to the Web View card ensure that in the event of a network interruption, the website displayed on the Web View card will be refreshed once the device has regained network connectivity, rather than display a blank white screen.
In order for this feature to work, the admin has to configure the card’s manifest.json file and ensure that the following property, “ReloadsOnReconnect” has been set to true: (false by default)
4 Aug 2022, Thursday
Web View 1.7
The following libraries have been updated to the following versions:
- MomentJS (moment): 2.29.1
- jQuery (jquery): 3.6.0
- Lodash (lodash): 4.17.21
- AngularJS (angular): 1.8.2
- Bootstrap (bootstrap): 3.4.1
- AE-8181 – The Web View card does not load properly on the devices when trying to display it; instead, a white and black flicker is seen before the Web View card appears on the screen.
29 Jan 2021, Friday
Web View 1.6
Updated Card Theme
The following updates have been made to the card theme:
- The card theme has been updated in the Library with a new design, improving card standardization.
- The card base theme will not be generated during deployment, as the BaseCardTemplate property has been set to false in the manifest.json file in the card template.
- The default fonts have been updated to the following:
- Header text = Poppin font, previously Monserrat.
- Body text = Roboto font, previously Lato.
- The card template has been assigned to use the “Productivity and Engagement” as the default content category.
Introducing Card Content Categories
With the introduction of Content Categories in Appspace 8.0-ac.22, all card themes will be assigned a default content category, allowing customers to create content, build channels, and target messaging according to workplace communications best practices and internal communication goals.
These content categories can be changed during card creation by the Publisher or Author, as the card theme has been assigned a content category based on the messaging focus. These content categories are defined as follows:
- Culture & Values – Content that promotes company values and affects the employee experience, to help customers drive company values throughout their organization.
- Goals & Performance – content that showcases both long- and short-term goals and measurements of performance, to create shared ownership of company goals and drive employee performance.
- Productivity & Engagement – content with information that keeps the company running, day-to-day, facilitating organizational productivity.
- Safety & Compliance – content with information that supports employee safety and ensures company compliance with regulatory requirements, to help create a safe environment and promote safe behavior amongst employees.
Users will also be able to view the Content Category for every piece of content within a channel playlist. However, cards created prior to this release will not contain a content category, and will be considered “Unassigned“.
16 Dec 2020, Wednesday
Web View 1.5.2
Basic Authentication via XHR
Introducing the Basic Authentication via XHR embedding option for Web View cards, allowing websites that require basic authentication to load through XHR, instead of an iframe which is currently being blocked by browsers running Chrome 59 and above.
28 Aug 2020, Friday
Web View 1.5.1
- AE-6166 – Web View card configured with the XHR Proxy embed option, slowly loads in advanced channel visual editor and preview.
- AE-6186 – Unable to display website containing upper case custom properties in URL.
8 July 2020, Wednesday
Web View 1.5
The Web View card content creation workflow and card editing user interface have been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background, and featured media/image. Also, depending on the card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes a color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – where you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab, you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
28 Aug 2020, Friday
Web View 1.4.3
The Web View card is updated with a new option allowing web content to be interactive, such as users displaying maps or content that can be scrolled when using a touchscreen display.
This option can be configured in the “More customization options” drop-down menu, with the default set to “Disable Interactivity”.
- AE-5048 – Unable to display a website on Web View card.
|Device / Operating System|
Please refer to our Supported Appspace Cards article for more information.
Technical Limitations and Workarounds
Advance Channel via Channel Browsing mode loads an incomplete card configured with basic authentication.
In device playback on devices that support basic authentication, it was observed that in Channel Browsing mode, when the card is configured in an advanced channel, the card is not completely loaded.
Was this article helpful?