These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Web View card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Web View card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 28 Aug 2020
- AE-6166 – Web View card configured with the XHR Proxy embed option, slowly loads in advanced channel visual editor and preview.
- AE-6186 – Unable to display website containing upper case custom properties in URL.
Release Date: 16 Dec 2020
Basic Authentication via XHR
Introducing the Basic Authentication via XHR embedding option for Webview cards, allowing websites that require basic authentication to load through XHR, instead of an iframe which is currently being blocked by browsers running Chrome 59 and above.
Release Date: –
Release Date: 29 Mar 2019
The Web View card is updated with a new option allowing web content to be interactive, such as users displaying maps or content that can be scrolled when using a touchscreen display.
This option can be configured in the “More customization options” drop-down menu, with the default set to “Disable Interactivity.”
- AE-5048 – Unable to display website on Web View card.