These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the World Clock card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 17 Aug 2022
Support for 24-Hour Format
The World Clock card now supports the 24-hour time format. Users can view time in the 24-hour format (military time) based on their own preference.
Release Date: 29 Jan 2021
Updated Card Theme
The following updates have been made to the card theme:
- The card theme has been updated in the Library with a new design, improving card standardization.
- The card base theme will not be generated during deployment, as the BaseCardTemplate property has been set to false in the manifest.json file in the card template.
- The default fonts have been updated to the following:
- Header text = Poppin font, previously Monserrat.
- Body text = Roboto font, previously Lato.
- The card template has been assigned to use the “Productivity and Engagement” as the default content category.
Introducing Card Content Categories
With the introduction of Content Categories in Appspace 8.0 ac.22, all card themes will be assigned with a default content category, allowing organizations to create content, build channels, and target messaging according to workplace communications best practices and internal communication goals.
These content categories can be changed during card creation by the Publisher or Author, as the card theme has been assigned a content category based on the messaging focus. These content categories are defined as follows:
- Culture & Values – Content that promotes company values and affects the employee experience, to help customers drive company values throughout their organization.
- Goals & Performance – content that showcases both long- and short-term goals and measurements of performance, to create shared ownership of company goals and drive employee performance.
- Productivity & Engagement – content with information that keeps the company running, day-to-day, facilitating organizational productivity.
- Safety & Compliance – content with information that supports employee safety and ensures company compliance with regulatory requirements, to help create a safe environment and promote safe behavior amongst employees.
Users will also be able to view the Content Category for every piece of content within a channel playlist. However, cards created prior to this release will not contain a content category and will be considered as “Unassigned”.
Release Date: 5 Feb 2020
- AE-6510 – Inaccurate world clock time differences of 30 mins between cities.
Release Date: 4 Nov 2020
Map View Layout
The World Clock card now supports the Map layout option, which users can select from the Layout drop-down menu, and add clocks simply by searching for the desired city on the World Clock autocomplete drop-down menu.
The map view displays the clocks relative to the selected city locations on the map, and can also be displayed in portrait mode.
Updated Autocomplete Search
The autocomplete function in the search drop-down menu has been updated to prioritize cities first, followed by the states, and countries. For example when a user searches for the city Tokyo, it should display the ‘Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan’ first in the search results list:
- Current autocomplete search result behavior displays:
- Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
- Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- Updated autocomplete search result behavior displays:
- Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Release Date: 1 Oct 2020
Introducing the World Clock card that allows users to display the time of up to eight cities simultaneously.
The following features and customizations are available on the World Clock card:
- Display up to eight cities, and the time differences to each city.
- An auto-complete drop-down menu when searching for cities.
- Display either digital, analog, or both clock options.
- Configure the Title, Location, and Clock text colors.
- Configure card theme, background color, or image:
- The Monochromatic color theme displays the background color of the grid view in different shades of blue.
- The Day Cycle color theme displays the background color of the grid view based on the time of the day.
Find the World Clock card configuration article here: Cards:Display World Clock card.
Technical Limitations & Workaround
- Black screen displayed on LG webOS 3.0 devices.
- Video background is stretched and fitted when displayed in portrait mode on Samsung Tizen devices.
- Video background is not rendered correctly when displayed in portrait mode on IE 11 and UWP devices.
- During card preview, the Roboto font is not loaded during the initial load of the card.
- The “Use Local Device Time” does not display consistently in the search box, when searching for a location.
Was this article helpful?