Installing the Appspace App on a MediaVue device
This article provides instructions to configure and register MediaVue SureVue devices with Appspace App.
- Configuring MediaVue SureVue
- Configuring a basic video wall setup with MediaVue devices
- MediaVue SureVue Hotkeys
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices.
- The Appspace account must have sufficient Appspace IDs to register the device.
- An active Internet connection.
- A USB keyboard for activation.
- Ensure the Network Time Protocol (NTP) and time zones on the MediaVue SureVue device have been configured.
- Ensure your network/firewall/anti-virus software on your computer is configured
to allow access to the following:
- Google Chrome web browser
- Network port 80 (HTTP)
- Network port 443 (HTTPS)
Currently, the Appspace client software for MediaVue SureVue comes preinstalled on the device.
Configuring MediaVue SureVue
Click the Appspace tab on the MediaVue console, and enter in your Appspace server URL, and Appspace credentials.
The Server URL can be obtained as follows:
Appspace Cloud: Login to your Appspace cloud account, go to System > Downloads via the Appspace menu, and copy the device registration link displayed there.
Appspace On-Premises: Use the Appspace on-premises server URL.
Example: http://appspace-server-URL or https://appspace-server-URL (if using SSL).
Click the Connect To Server button.
Once successfully connected, click the Start Appspace button to launch the Appspace App.
Register your device using one of the many options listed in the Registering a Device with Appspace App article.
The MediaVue SureVue device supports multicast streams if H.264 codecs are used.
Configuring a basic video wall setup with MediaVue devices
Login to the MediaVue SureVue device, and click the Video Wall tab.
Select the video wall orientation and resolution.
Select the video wall arrangement depending on your device and video wall setup.
Device Video Wall Arrangement SureVue D2 2x2, 1x2 SureVue D4 2x2 SureVue D6 3x2, 2x3
Click the Setup Video Wall button.
Click the Audio tab, and select Built-in Audio Digital Stereo (HDMI) from the Audio Device menu. Click Submit Changes to save.
If the channel utilizes custom fonts, click the General tab, and select ‘Font File’ from the Upload A File To Your SureVue menu. Click Choose File to browse and select a font file, and click Upload.
Click the Appspace tab, and enter in the Appspace server URL and Appspace login credentials.
Click Connect To Server to ensure the connection to Appspace is successful.
Click Start Appspace to launch the Appspace App.
Register the device. Follow the instructions in the Registering a Device with Appspace App article.
MediaVue SureVue Hotkeys
Below is a list of available hotkeys for the MediaVue SureVue device.
- Shift + Alt + C - Close Appspace and launch SureVue configuration interface.
- Shift + Alt + K - Switch to Cloned Display mode
- Shift + Ctrl + Alt + R - Reboot Player
- Shift + Ctrl + Alt + O - Poweroff Player
- Alt + Ctrl + M - Bring up Appspace menu
Please contact MediaVue for remote control support: http://mediavuesystems.com/contacts/.