Run a task immediately
The Run Now feature allows you to:
- Re-run a monitoring or advanced task that has been deployed.
- Immediately run a monitoring or advanced task without affecting its schedule (if any).
- Get responses from target devices immediately.
The Run Now button is visible under the Monitoring Tasks and Advanced Tasks tabs. By default, the Run Now button will be disabled. Upon selecting a task from the main pane, the button will be enabled.
- At least one deployed Monitoring or Advanced task
- To download the latest device tasks package, please refer to the link provided in the Introduction to device tasks article.
- For a complete list of device tasks that are supported, please refer to the Device Tasks Support section in the Supported media player comparison for Appspace App based devices article, or Supported media player comparison for legacy devices article.
Using Run Now
Select the type of task you wish to run immediately.
Select the network or device you wish to deploy the task to.
Select the task by ticking the box next to the task name.
To immediately execute that task, select the Run Now button (lightning icon).
Tasks that have been deployed via the Run Now feature will execute within 20 seconds.