Assigning a default channel to a location is an ideal solution for organizations requiring to quickly replace, or add a device to a display without having to worry about which channel to select or mode to put it on. This allows almost anyone to just plug in and register a digital media device, and leave the channel selection to your content team that can be based anywhere.
This article provides the instructions to assign a default channel or playlist channel to a location or sub-location, enabling devices to automatically be assigned with a channel once the device is registered.
- An existing channel or channel playlist within the location. Click here for instructions to create a playlist channel.
- An Account Owner or Location Administrator.
Assign Channel to Location
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Click Devices from the ☰ Appspace menu.
- Click the Locations tab, and select the desired location or sub-location to assign the default channel to.
- Click the Overview tab, and click the None selected link for Default Channel.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of the following options:
- Users can browse published channels – This is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – This option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – Ideally for digital signage, thus only a single channel will be played.
- Once done, click SAVE. The device will begin syncing the selected channel(s). Please note that this may take some time depending on the channel size and network speed.