This article provides the instructions to assign a default channel or playlist channel to a network or sub-network, enabling devices to automatically be assigned with a channel if none is selected during the device registration.
This is ideal when needing someone from your technical team to quickly replace or add a device to your display, without having to worry which channels to select or mode to put the device in, as this would usually be decided and configured by your content team.
- An existing channel or playlist channel in the network
Assign Channel to Network
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Select the ☰ Appspace menu, and click Devices.
- Click the Networks tab, and select the desired network or sub-network to assign the default channel to.
- Click the Overview tab, and click the Default Channel none selected link.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click SAVE once done.