You can add rich text content to a playlist on a Media Zone widget in an advanced channel. Rich text is technically HTML formatted text that allows you to define the following properties:
- Font style: normal, italics, bold, underlined
- Alignment: left/center/right-aligned or justified
This article provides instructions to create rich text content for legacy devices in Library.
- Account Owner, Publisher, Editor, or Content Producer (Author) role to add or edit content in Library.
Create Rich Text Content
The instructions below show you how to create rich text content for legacy devices in Library.
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- To create content, select one of the following options:
- Click +QUICK ACTION from the Appspace menu bar on the top right, and select Create Content.
- Click Library from the ☰ Appspace menu, and select a library or folder you wish to create the content in. Click +CREATE, and select Content.
- To add content to an existing channel refer to Add Content to Playlist Channels.
- Select Legacy from the All Templates drop-down menu, and click Rich Text (Legacy).
- In the Edit tab;
- Enter the Title of the content as this will also act as the filename for the content. This is a mandatory field.
- Enter the desired text in the text box, and format using the text editor to create rich text content.
- In the Article tab; This section may be skipped.
- Include an Article or Caption to accompany the content item when being displayed on mobile apps, tablets, and other social collaboration apps.
- Enter a Referral Link to link more information to the content.
- In the Schedule tab; This section may be skipped.
- You may add the content to a channel by selecting the channel from the Add to channel drop-down menu, or leave it unassigned to be added later.
- When the content is assigned to a channel, the SCHEDULING and DISPLAY PROPERTIES options are displayed. Refer to the Configure Content Playback Properties: Dayparting, Frequency, Scheduling, in a Playlist Channel article for detailed configuration instructions.
- In the Settings tab; This section may be skipped.
- The Name field will be auto-populated to match the Title of the content which will also act as the filename for the content. This is a mandatory field.
- Enter any relevant Tags for the content. (Optional)
- Select a folder for the content in the Library Location drop-down menu to change the default folder location.
- Select an expiry date for the content from the Auto Delete Content from Library drop-down menu. (Optional)
- Upload an image to be used as the Thumbnail for the content.
- Once done, click SAVE.