These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Counter Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 12 Mar 2021
The Countdown card is now known as the Counter card as part of our rebranding exercise, and improvements made to the card.
Counter Card Improvements
Introducing a new unit based counter type, apart from the calendar based, which provides users the ability to configure count downs or ups based on any unit value. User would also be able to customize the incremental values, thus allowing the counter to count down or up in increments of twos or even fives. Apart from customizing the title, users can also include their own labels for the units.
Updated Card Theme
The following updates based on the rebranding and improvements have been made to the card theme:
- Design changes to the card editing layout such as all text customizations are moved to the Text section, while the Design section provides customization for colors and images.
- When counting up, users can now define if the counter should stop at a specific date, number of units, or never.
- The Calendar icon in the card section has been changed to a Preview (Eye) icon which allows users to preview the end messaging that is displayed when the countdown ends.
Release Date: 29 Jan 2021
Updated Card Theme
The following updates have been made to the card theme:
- The card theme has been updated in the Library with a new design, improving card standardization.
- The card base theme will not be generated during deployment, as the BaseCardTemplate property has been set to false in the manifest.json file in the card template.
- The default fonts have been updated to the following:
- Header text = Poppin font, previously Monserrat.
- Body text = Roboto font, previously Lato.
- The card template has been assigned to use the “Productivity and Engagement” as the default content category.
Introducing Card Content Categories
With the introduction of Content Categories in Appspace 8.0 ac.22, all card themes will be assigned with a default content category, allowing organizations to create content, build channels, and target messaging according to workplace communications best practices and internal communication goals.
These content categories can be changed during card creation by the Publisher or Author, as the card theme has been assigned a content category based on the messaging focus. These content categories are defined as follows:
- Culture & Values – Content that promotes company values and affects the employee experience, to help customers drive company values throughout their organization.
- Goals & Performance – content that showcases both long- and short-term goals and measurements of performance, to create shared ownership of company goals and drive employee performance.
- Productivity & Engagement – content with information that keeps the company running, day-to-day, facilitating organizational productivity.
- Safety & Compliance – content with information that supports employee safety and ensures company compliance with regulatory requirements, to help create a safe environment and promote safe behavior amongst employees.
Users will also be able to view the Content Category for every piece of content within a channel playlist. However, cards created prior to this release will not contain a content category, and will be considered as “Unassigned”.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Countdown card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 28 Feb 2020
Introducing the Countdown card that allows users to display a count down or count up timer to a specific date and time.
The following customizations are available on the Countdown card:
- Display a message with a countdown or count up timer.
- Customize the clock style as either Flipboard or Digital.
- Configure the clock timer to display years, months, days, hours, minutes, or seconds.
- Choose the auto or manual clock formatting options.
- Configure clock color.
- Configure text color.
- Configure card background color or image.
- Flip the layout order.
- Display a final message once the countdown has been reached. This message will not be available for a count up.
Find the Countdown card configuration article here: Create Countdown Card.
Release Date: 20 Mar 2020
- ALC-93 – Font size for calendar picker displays differently on different browsers.
- ALC-97 – Calendar should be displayed for users to set countdown or countup during card pre-configuration.