These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Countdown Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Countdown card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 28 Feb 2020
Introducing the Countdown card that allows users to display a count down or count up timer to a specific date and time.
The following customizations are available on the Countdown card:
- Display a message with a countdown or count up timer.
- Customize the clock style as either Flipboard or Digital.
- Configure the clock timer to display years, months, days, hours, minutes, or seconds.
- Choose the auto or manual clock formatting options.
- Configure clock color.
- Configure text color.
- Configure card background color or image.
- Flip the layout order.
- Display a final message once the countdown has been reached. This message will not be available for a count up.
Find the Countdown card configuration article here: Create Countdown Card.
Release Date: 20 Mar 2020
- ALC-93 – Font size for calendar picker displays differently on different browsers.
- ALC-97 – Calendar should be displayed for users to set countdown or countup during card pre-configuration.