These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Google Sheets card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Google Sheets card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 28 June 2019
An all new Google Sheets card that allows to retrieve and present information from a Google Sheets document is now available. The card can be configured with a public sharing link without authentication, or a private sharing link with authentication, and can display Google Sheets information with the ability to zoom to specific cells on the spreadsheet.
Refer to Google Sheets cards for more information.
Release Date: 8 Nov 2019
- CT-1262 – Zoom function does not work correctly on Chrome based devices