These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Room Schedule card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 7 June 2019
The Room Schedule card now supports Crestron’s Room Availability Indicator for Crestron TSS devices, which allows users to quickly identify if a room is available or occupied through the LED light indicators that are mounted above meeting rooms.
This feature is only supported on Appspace App 1.47 and above
Release Date: 17 July 2019
A minor update to the Room Schedule card allows the rooms list and room info to be retrieved when authenticating with User Authentication that does not have administrative privileges
Release Date: 29 April 2019
An minor update to the Room Schedule card, enabling support for application authentication on Microsoft Office 365, which is ideal for viewing multiple rooms in organizations that do not allow user based logins, an account with administrator privileges can book all rooms in the organization.
Release Date: 11 May 2019
We’ve added the following new features to the Meeting Room card:
- Booking 7-days ahead – You can now book a meeting room up to 7-days in advance, if the option is enabled when creating the card.
- Video as background – Setting a playlist channel as background has been expanded to support video content.
- 24-hour time format – You can now set the time in 12 or 24 hour formats.
- Added visual configurations – these features can now be configured: background mask, room label, and color for the Check-In and Occupied statuses.
- Display room facilities – Configure and display available room facilities from a calendar provider, as icons on the card. This is also configurable via a device property. Currently only supports the Google Calendar provider.
- External integration – Developers can now integrate the Meeting Room card using post messaging to listen to events, and send commands.
Release Date: 9 June 2018
The Meeting Room card has been renamed to Room Schedule card, as part of our rebranding initiative.
Release Date: 9 June 2018
Improvements to the Meeting Room card with the addition of the following features:
- Meeting Room cards are now supported on iOS based devices, in addition to support for Android.
- Check-in option for a meeting – allows users to check-in to a meeting. If no-one checks-in within 10 minutes after the start of the meeting, the room booking is automatically cancelled.
- Additional options when configuring a card:
- Show available time slots – available meeting time slots will be displayed on the meeting room display page.
- Naming of instant meetings – allows meetings booked via instant booking to be named, and not just displayed as “Instant Booking” on the meeting room display page.
- Show/hide upcoming meetings – displays the upcoming meetings for the day at the lower right column of the meeting room display page.
- Match the background color with the status color – allows the status accent color (Available: Green, Booked: Red, Check-in: Amber) to be reflected in the background, consuming the entire meeting room display page, instead of just the right panel.
- Support for private meetings – meetings configured as “private” on the calendar provider, will have the meeting name hidden, and displayed as “Private Meeting” on the meeting room display page.
Release Date: 10 August 2018
The following updates to the Meeting Room card:
Support for Chrome OS version 64 (in addition to iOS and Android). You can now configure Meeting Room cards on your Chrome based devices, and leverage the room booking services with Google or Microsoft calendar providers.
- Optimizations include:
- CSS layout fixes for the time slot availability screen in portrait mode on iOS.
- Standardized error handling for rooms with an offline status:
- When room is offline, a round status icon in red is displayed.
- When room is offline, last update time is displayed.
- When room is offline, ‘Room Offline’ is displayed instead of meeting name or room available information.
- Improved exception error handling during calendar provider authentication process.
Optimizations to the back-end device deletion process to improve how Appspace handles devices that have been unregistered.
Release Date: 14 April 2018
An all new Meeting Room card that enables you to setup informative and interactive touch-screen enabled instant meeting room bookings on any compatible Android-powered tablet running the Appspace App.
- The card will retrieve and display meeting schedules by location and integrates with the following calendar data providers:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Google Calendar
- Includes the following booking options:
- Book Now – allows users the option to book instantly, up to a maximum of four 30 minute blocks, (2 hours), depending on the start of the next scheduled meeting.
- Advanced Booking – allows users to book a meeting room in advance for the same day only, by selecting the preferred time blocks, with each block a minimum of 15 minutes. However, Advanced Booking can be disabled if this feature isn’t required.
- Extend Booking – allows users to extend their current meeting room booking, up to a maximum of four 30 minute blocks (2 hours), if the meeting room is available.
- End Booking – allows users to end their current meeting room booking, by tapping the End Meeting button if the user had booked the meeting room through the Room card on the device.
If the meeting room is scheduled other than on the Room card, the End Meeting button will only be displayed if the meeting had been extended through the Room card, in which tapping the End Meeting button will only end the extension of the meeting.
- Displays upcoming meetings – displays up to four meetings at a time or all meetings until the end of the day if current time is before 6pm, or meetings up to 6 hours ahead if current time is after 6pm. Syncing is done every minute.
- Display orientation – the card can be displayed in landscape or portrait orientation, depending on the device configuration.
- Theme customizations – customizations to background color, background image, available room color, and custom logo.