Appspace has historically allowed and supported legacy devices connected to our platform.
During Q2 2022, Appspace will begin phasing out support for the TLS 1.0/1.1 (Transport Layer Security) security protocols. After Q3 2022 (30th Sept 2022), Appspace will no longer support any connections to the platform, including any devices using the TLS 1.0/1.1 security protocol.
Hence, the Appspace App will no longer run on the in-scope devices listed below:
- Cisco Edge 340
- Cisco DMP 4310
- Cisco DMP 4400
- Direct X
- Windows PCs running Appspace DirectX software
To avoid any impact to your service, we recommend replacing these devices with devices that support TLS 1.2+, as the Appspace platform adopts TLS 1.2+ to protect data in transit.
What You Need To Do
If you still operate any of these devices, there are a few simple steps to follow.
- Remove all obsolete non-production-related devices, like those in labs, from your account.
- If you have impacted devices operating in production, you may sign an Appspace security risk waiver that will allow you to continue to use them for a reasonable amount of time while we work with you to transition to newer devices that support TLS 1.2 or above. We will require your Head of Risk or Legal Counsel to sign a security waiver agreement.
- If you choose to sign a security waiver, minor configuration updates to hostnames will need to be made to allow data to continue to pass between Appspace and the devices. Our team is able to make these changes on your behalf, and we will schedule the updates with you shortly after the security waiver has been received.
- Finally, you will need to replace impacted devices with newer devices that support TLS 1.2 or above. There are several manufacturers that partner with Appspace that offer excellent replacement options, and we will work with you and your chosen IT provider to ensure that a suitable replacement is found.
Appspace will provide the following two options to help the transition and maintain a high level of security:
You set up a proxy server that will convert TLS 1.0/1.1 traffic to use the TLS 1.2 protocol. We will, of course, provide specs and supporting information if this is a solution that interests you.
Appspace can host a proxy server on cloud, on your behalf for a yearly fee.
Was this article helpful?