This article provides the instructions to configure e-mail notifications for your Appspace on-prem server.
- Active SMTP server.
- Valid email account(s) on the SMTP server to be used as the source account for sending out notifications.
- Open (unrestrict) SMTP network ports between the Appspace on-prem server and the SMTP server (the ports may vary depending on specific SMTP server configurations – check with your network administrator).
- Portal Administrator privileges on your Appspace on-prem server.
Configure E-mail Notifications
- Navigate to System > Configuration from the Appspace menu.
- Click the Email tab, and configure the following settings:
- System Email – to send content updates from the server.
- Alert/Notification Email – to send player/device related notifications.
- Auto-Reply Email – to send account specific e-mails.
- SMTP Server – the FQDN or IP address of your SMTP server that will be used for sending out notifications.
- SMTP Port – the connection port for your SMTP server.
- Enable SSL – depending on your organization’s SMTP and security policies, you should select the appropriate option to enable or disable SSL.
- SMTP Credentials – your SMTP username and password.
- Click Save once complete, and Yes to confirm settings.
- The system should automatically detect a change to the Appspace settings and prompt you with a notification at the top of the page. Click the Click Here link.
- You will automatically be taken to the Apply Configuration tab. To finish applying the changes to the system settings, enter your Windows Server credentials and click Apply.
- Click Yes to confirm and to restart your Appspace server. You should see a message indicating the server restart progress. If successful, click OK to complete the process.
Configure Administrator E-mail
You must configure the e-mail notification recipient address separately from the system e-mail notification. The e-mail notifications are directed and sent to the address that is configured for the ‘admin’ account of the Appspace on-prem server.
- Navigate to Admin > Users from the Appspace menu.
- Select the network that contains the Appspace administrator, and click the administrator’s name link.
- In the Email field, enter in the Appspace administrator account’s email address that would be the recipient to receive all system notifications. Click Save once done.