The new end-to-end channel and content management workflow in Appspace 7.1 introduces publishing options with these two new user roles that provide a degree of workflow approvals for channels, channel groups, and content within channels:
- Publisher – approves content changes, edits content, and updates channel settings. Has full control of the channel, channel properties, and publishing permissions.
- Editor – also known as a the content author, the editor edits content in the channel, but the actions may require approval from a publisher.
See the An Introduction to User Roles & Rights in Appspace article for more information on publishing and approval workflows.
- Ensure you have already created a playlist channel, advanced channel, or live stream channel.
- Account Owner role in Appspace.
Assign Publisher or Editor Role
Follow the instructions below to configure publishing permissions to a channel by assigning a Publisher or Editor:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Navigate to Channels from the Appspace menu, and click the desired channel.
- Click the ⚙ Settings gear icon, and click the Permissions tab on the left side panel.
- In the Permissions tab, add a user or user group for each role:
- Publisher – A Publisher will have full read, write, and delete access to this channel. A user with the Publisher access is able to not only publish this channel to a device (TV), user, or the web, but can also change and edit content, and update settings for this channel.
- Editors – An Editor can only edit, and manage the content in this channel, based on the approval rules applied to the channel in the Approvals tab (below).
- Click Save.
- If the channel has Editors assigned, and you would like the Editor to seek approval from a Publisher to perform certain actions, click the Approvals tab on the left side panel, and slide the slider to YES.
- Proceed to select the actions that the channel Editor must seek approval for from the Publisher of this channel:
- Click Save to complete.
- The Publisher may continue to publish this channel to a device (TV), user, or the web, while the Editor (author) may proceed to add content/create cards.