The RSS multithreading feature enhances overall performance on the Appspace on-prem server, should there be a high number of RSS feeds that are being processed. This service is however optional, and can be disabled if the number of RSS feeds deployed on the server is low.
This article provides the instructions to enable and configure RSS multithreading on an Appspace on-prem deployment:
- Windows Server Administrator permissions.
- Required Appspace roles and permissions: Portal Admin.
Please be informed that once configuration server settings have been saved, a notification is displayed at the top, informing you that the Appspace server has detected changes in the server settings, and to Click Here to apply these settings. Clicking the link will redirect you to the Apply Configuration tab, in which you would be required to enter your Windows Server Administrator credentials for the server settings to be applied. However, you may continue performing other server configurations before finally applying all the server setting changes that have been made.
Enable and Configure RSS Multithreading
- Click the ☰ Appspace menu, and click System > Configuration, and click the RSS tab.
- In the RSS Configuration section:
- For RSS Multithreading – Select the Yes, Multithreading option to enable RSS multithreading.
- For Multithreading Concurrency – Select the number of threads to be allocated for processing RSS feeds from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, click Save, and click OK to confirm the settings.