This article provides instructions to configure and register Windows 7, 10, and Windows 10 IoT based devices with Appspace App.
What’s in this article:
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices & Operating Systems.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient User IDs for user mode, or Device IDs for device mode.
- An active Internet connection.
- A USB keyboard for activation.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace whitelist URLs and the relevant network ports.
- On your proxy server, whitelist the hostnames listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection
Install Appspace App
Follow the instructions below to download and install the Appspace App.
- Click System > Downloads in the Appspace menu, and download the Appspace App for Windows (.msi) client to your device.
- Double-click the Appspace App Setup file to install Appspace App for Windows.
- Once installation is complete, click the Appspace App shortcut on your desktop to launch it.
- Proceed to register your device.
Uninstall Appspace App
To uninstall the Appspace App from a Windows device, follow the instructions in the following Repair or remove programs article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/ce7ba88b-4e95-4354-b807-35732db36c4d/repair-or-remove-programs.