This article provides the instructions to register your device with Appspace using a 6-character code or QR code. Prior to registration, your device must be configured with the Appspace App. Device configuration depends on the desired device type or solution; configuration for devices that support the standard Appspace App on operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, iOS, etc., differ from collaboration devices such as Crestron TSS and Cisco Collaboration Endpoints. To install the App, there are four scenarios:
- For most devices that support the Appspace App, you are required to download and install the Appspace App from an OS-bound app store.
- For some devices such as the BrightSign, the App can be downloaded from the Appspace console.
- For some devices such as the MediaVue, the App comes preinstalled with the device.
- For most collaboration devices such as the Cisco Collaboration Endpoints with wallpaper displays, or the Crestron Touch Panels for room scheduling, the Progressive Web App (PWA) version of the Appspace App is used.
Find individual installation instructions for your device based on device or OS type here.
- An Appspace supported device installed with the Appspace App. Find the device requirements and installation instructions for your device in the Supported Devices & Operating Systems article.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Follow the instructions below to register your device using the 6-character code or QR code:
- Configure your device with the Appspace App based on your device operating system (Android, iOS, Chrome OS, etc.).
- Launch the Appspace App. The device registration page will be displayed.
- Log in to the Appspace console and launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, choose one of the following methods:
- Using the 6-character registration code:
- Using the QR code:
- Proceed to enter the Device name and select a network. If a network has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a network later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for touch screen TVs or TVs with remote control, to display corporate content and enterprise tv, in any common space. When displaying the channel browsing mode, anyone can browse and play any content published to this device. While a Network Administrator configures this setting, a Publisher must publish channels to the device and may assign any type of content, and channel type.
- Autoplay published channels – when this option is selected, one or more channels will autoplay on the device. This option is ideal for wallpaper displays in collaboration devices, video walls, interactive billboards, and any other workplace or public space signage needs. No user interaction is needed. Content is displayed according to scheduling or dayparting settings. While a Network Administrator configures this setting, a Publisher must publish channels to the device and configure the scheduling settings. This option is currently available only for playlist channels.
- Administrators can select a single channel – this option displays only one channel, with any type of content, and channel type (playlist channel, an advanced channel, or a live channel). It is ideal for information kiosks, POS systems, bulletin boards, room scheduling, and simple signage. The Network Administrator who registers the device is able to assign one single channel directly during this configuration. However, to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step, and you (Network Administrator) or a Publisher may assign a channel later.
- Click the Save button.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an existing device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the Register button.
- Once registration is complete, the device will sync with the Appspace console to retrieve content. Once content syncing is complete, you can view your published channel(s) on the TV, tablet, or on a kiosk.
- However, if no channels have been assigned to the device or user, you will see a blank screen. Proceed with one of the following, based on the channel Channel selection mode selected in step 6 above.
- Users browse published channels – for channels to appear in interactive mode or channel browsing mode, a Publisher must publish multiple channels or channel groups to this device.
- Autoplay published channels – for one or more playlist channels to autoplay based on the playlist sequence, a Publisher must publish multiple channels or channel groups to this device and configure the channel’s scheduling or dayparting settings.
- Administrators can select a single channel – assign one channel; a Network Administrator or a Publisher must assign either a playlist channel, an advanced channel, or a live channel.
- You may now proceed to configure device settings, or find out how to browse and view content displayed by the Appspace App.