This article provides an overview of advanced device registration options that we offer, which are ideal for bulk or offline registration.
Prior to registering your device with Appspace, your device must be configured with the Appspace App. Device configuration depends on the desired device type or solution; configuration for devices that support the standard Appspace App on operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, iOS, etc., differs from collaboration devices such as Crestron TSS and Cisco Collaboration Endpoints.
Use one of the following advanced device registration options for bulk or offline registration:
- Register device using network policy file – This method is ideal for bulk registering all devices in your local network. However, you will need a network administrator to configure the DNS server entries for your network.
- Register device with a serial number – This method is ideal for bulk registering specific devices in your local network. However, this method is only limited to devices that embed serial numbers to the device fingerprint.
NoteThis option can also be used on BrightSign devices that have Appspace App installed and provisioned using BSN.cloud.
- Preregister a device – This method pre-registers devices by first creating a device record in the console, allowing customers and third-party integrators to stream and display Appspace channels on non-standard devices via a HTML5 compatible browser.
- Register device with Google CDM – This method is specifically for Chrome users utilizing Google CDM (Chrome Device Management). Once you have CDM configured, the network policy file in place will automatically register in bulk all Chrome devices in your network.
- Register device locally – This option is ideal for users on closed on-prem network environments with no access to the Appspace public cloud. You can only register one device at a time.
- Register device using a local policy file – Users on devices with USB or SD cards, may utilize this method if they would like to register their device with local policies in place. You can only register one device at a time.
NoteThis option is currently only available for BrightSign and LG devices.
- For BrightSign please refer to Register BrightSign devices with Local Policy File.
- For LG please refer to the Register LG webOS via Local Policy file section.
- Register device with VMware Workplace ONE (AirWatch) – This method is specifically for iOS users utilizing VMware Workplace ONE MDM (Mobile Device Management). Once you have VMware Workplace ONE configured, all iOS devices managed by the MDM will automatically be registered.
The table below provides a summary of these advanced registration methods:
Was this article helpful?