This article provides instructions to configure and register LG webOS devices with a local policy file, an advanced device registration method ideal for cloud or on-prem. Users on devices with USB or SD cards, may utilize this method if they would like to register their device with local policies in place. You can only register one device at a time.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Register LG webOS via Local Policy file
- Login to Appspace Cloud at cloud.appspace.com, and launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- Click the Quick Actions menu and select Register a Device.
- Go to the Device Registration widget on the Dashboard.
- Click the Appspace menu, select Devices, and click the Add button in the Devices tab.
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advance device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select BrightSign Package in the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- Select the network the device is in, and assign a channel for the device. Optionally, clicking the Show advanced options allows you to configure the Device Description, Device Group and Device tags for the device.
- Click Download Autorun.zip.
- Extract the downloaded Autorun.zip file.
- Within the Autorun folder, locate the policy.json file in the www folder.
- Copy the policy.json file, and paste the file in the /procentric/scap/application/content/policy/ folder on your USB drive.
- Launch Appspace App on the LG device.
- Insert the USB drive into the LG device, and restart Appspace App. The device will begin registration once Appspace App has restarted.