This article provides the instructions to register devices with serial numbers, an advanced device registration method ideal for bulk-registering devices in your local network. However, this method is only limited to devices that embed serial numbers to the device fingerprint.
This method supports pre-provisioning devices offline via serial numbers, MAC addresses, or device identities (which may be unique IDs) allowing users to register devices even before receiving them. The device will be automatically registered once the device is connected (online) to the network. Users may pre-provision multiple devices offline to the same account instance.
- An Appspace App supported device installed and configured with the Appspace App.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
- Ensure the device has an embedded serial number to the device fingerprint.
- Ensure the device has been installed with Appspace App 1.40 and above prior to registration.
- Ensure device is switched ON, and connected to an active Internet connection.
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select Register with Serial Number(s) for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- In the Serial Number(s) field, enter the serial number, MAC address, or identity of the device(s) to be registered.
- Proceed to Select a network. If a network has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a network later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click the Save button.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an exiting device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the Register button to register the device to the Appspace console.
- Once registration and content syncing is complete, you can view your published channel(s) on the TV, tablet, or on a kiosk.