This article provides the instructions to pre-registering a device, an advanced device registration method ideal for bulk-registering devices on Appspace cloud.
This method pre-registers devices by first creating a virtual device record in the Appspace console, allowing customers and third-party integrators to stream and display Appspace channels on non-standard devices via a HTML5 compatible browser.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Log in to Appspace console at https://cloud.appspace.com.
Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- Click the Quick Actions menu and select Register a Device.
- Go to the Device Registration widget on the Dashboard.
- Click the Appspace menu, select Devices, and click the Add button in the Devices tab.
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select Preregister Devices for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- Select the network the device is in, and assign a channel for the device.
- Click Register to create a virtual device record in the console.