These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Alert Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 17 Apr 2020
Introducing the Alert card that allows users to publish important or critical messages such as evacuation notices, fire alerts, weather warnings, etc. immediately or at a scheduled time. Users can select one of the 12 different default alert themes available in the Library, or customize their own alert messaging, images, fonts, and colors according to their branding requirements.
The following features and customizations are available on the Alert card:
- The Alert card comes preconfigured with 12 default themes.
- There are three default alert types which are Critical (red), Warning (yellow), and Information (blue), each with its corresponding default color.
- But you can Custom alert colors to define the following alert types:
- There are three different color themes for any chosen alert type, which are regular, dark, and light.
- Users can also create custom alert types manually, or upload a .xlsx file that has the following header row:
- Theme Style
- Exit Building
- Users can customize the text and fonts for the Title and Summary of the card.
- Users are able to upload a custom font.
- Users can use a player property to define the direction to the building exit point during an emergency:
- Player Property Name: card.alert.exitdirection
- Player Property Value(s): right / left / down / up / upright / downright / upleft / downleft / elevatorup / elevatordown / escalatorup / escalatordown / stairsup / stairsdown
- Only one player property value can be supported at one time.
- If there is no player property the bottom banner with the direction on the card will be disabled.
- Supported image formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG (recommended)