These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Alert Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 8 July 2020
The Alert card content creation workflow and card editing user interface has been updated and streamlined in conjunction with the release of the completely redesigned Library module in Appspace 8.0.
Redesigned Card Editor
The card editor has been updated with a new UI and workflow, which groups key functions and features into tabs and sections for improved user experience, such as:
- Preview tab – this tab appears only after the content is saved and the editor window is opened. Preview options include Responsive, Responsive 16:9, 2K, 4K, Tablet, Phone, or Custom.
- Edit tab – configure the card layout, message title and summary, logo, background and a featured media/image. Also, depending on card or template type, you may see these additional sections:
- Design section – includes customized design options for each card type, which includes color palette, background, logo, and style selection options.
- Configuration section – includes customized configuration options for each card type, such as chart options.
- Article tab – write the content article, caption, and include a referral link if any.
- Schedule tab – here you add the content directly to any existing channel, and configure its playback schedule and display properties.
- Settings tab – in this tab you may add a name for this card, configure its expiry date, add tags, and add a thumbnail image.
New Category and Tags
When creating a card, you now have the option to filter results based on tags and card template categories which are based on card types such as Messaging, Data, Services, Feeds, and Legacy content – to easily find what you need from a huge list of templates available.
Release Date: 17 Apr 2020
Introducing the Alert card that allows users to publish important or critical messages such as evacuation notices, fire alerts, weather warnings, etc. immediately or at a scheduled time. Users can select one of the 12 different default alert themes available in the Library, or customize their own alert messaging, images, fonts, and colors according to their branding requirements.
The following features and customizations are available on the Alert card:
- The Alert card comes preconfigured with 12 default themes.
- There are three default alert types which are Critical (red), Warning (yellow), and Information (blue), each with its corresponding default color.
- But you can Custom alert colors to define the following alert types:
- There are three different color themes for any chosen alert type, which are regular, dark, and light.
- Users can also create custom alert types manually, or upload a .xlsx file that has the following header row:
- Theme Style
- Exit Building
- Users can customize the text and fonts for the Title and Summary of the card.
- Users are able to upload a custom font.
- Users can use a player property to define the direction to the building exit point during an emergency:
- Player Property Name: card.alert.exitdirection
- Player Property Value(s): right / left / down / up / upright / downright / upleft / downleft / elevatorup / elevatordown / escalatorup / escalatordown / stairsup / stairsdown
- Only one player property value can be supported at one time.
- If there is no player property the bottom banner with the direction on the card will be disabled.
- Supported image formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG (recommended)