The Alert card, when used with Alerts, allows businesses to quickly publish important or critical messages throughout their offices, such as evacuation notices, fire alerts, weather warnings, and a whole assortment of other messaging to alert users instantly.
Retail stores can even re-purpose and customize the Alerts card to notify and redirect customers to sections of their store where there’s going to be an extra 5% off in that hour. The Alerts card provides various customization options that allow you to create quick, efficient, and simple alert messaging content.
The Alert card is an Appspace supported card, which is officially created and periodically updated by Appspace with new templates and features.
The base Alert card provides users with 12 available templates consisting of three different alert levels, which are Critical (Red), Warning (Yellow), and Information (Blue), that they can create and configure to display important or critical messages. Users can also add this card to an Alert broadcast, where it can be displayed immediately through a trigger URL, or at a scheduled time.
Apart from the basic card customizations, the following customizations are available for the Alert card:
- The three default Alert level colors (red, yellow, blue) can be customized to any color, apart from the three color themes (regular, light, dark).
- Custom alert messages can be added manually, or by uploading a .xlsx file, with the following header rows:
- Theme Style
- Exit Building
- Custom graphics can be uploaded. Supported image formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG (recommended).
- Exit building directions can be defined on the device, allowing one card to be displayed while still pointing to the correct exit point during an emergency.
This article provides instructions on how to create, configure, and customize the Alert card, and finally add it to Alerts.
What’s in this article:
- Cards are only supported on devices with the Appspace App. Legacy devices are not supported.
- Ensure your device is compatible. Refer to Compatible Appspace Cards.
- Account Owner, Publisher, or Editor (author) role in Appspace.
Create and Configure Alert Card
Follow the instructions below to create and configure the card:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Click the QUICK ACTION menu on the top-right and select Create Card, and proceed to step 4 below. Or click Library from the Appspace menu navigation bar on the left, and proceed to step 3 below.
- Select the desired folder in the library, and click the ADD button, and select Create Card.
- In the Filter by template drop-down menu, select Alert.
- Click on the desired Alert card theme.
- In the card Edit tab, select the desired alert messaging from the drop-down menu.
- Once done, click Next.
- In the Save tab, enter the Title, as this is a mandatory field.
- Optionally, you may:
- update the Article and Caption
- configure Content Expiry and Content Tags
- upload a custom thumbnail for the content
- Click Save to complete.
- You may now proceed to add the card into Alerts, by following the directions in the Configure Alerts article.
Customize Exit Building Directions
Follow the instructions in the Add Device Properties article, to add the following device property and value.
- To define the Exit Building directions of the card, the following device property and value has to be added to the device:
- Device Property: card.alert.exitdirection
- Device Property Value: right / left / down / up / upright / downright / upleft / downleft / elevatorup / elevatordown / escalatorup / escalatordown / stairsup / stairsdown
- This is required to be done on every device that displays the Alert card.
Follow the instructions below to customize the card:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Navigate to System > Cards from the Appspace menu, and click the Themes tab.
- Click the Add icon, and select Create Theme.
- Select the Alert card template from the drop-down menu, and click Next.
- Enter in the Theme title of the card theme.
- Proceed to make the following customizations:
- To add or edit the alert messages, click the Alerts Table Data icon.
- Once done, click Save.