These release notes provide information on new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in every major, minor, and patch release of the Visitor Kiosk card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 10 November 2022
Customizing Visitor Type and Visitor Purpose Fields
- The Visitor Type and Visitor Purpose can be customized by the user, and the user can choose to enable or disable these features.
Assign Checkpoints by Visitor Type
- Ability to set up separate checkpoints for different types of visitors, with each checkpoint only being seen by the specified visitors.
- CT-3556 – The Visitor Type and Visitor Purpose are presented incorrectly, and the preview shows an unexpected Visitor Purpose.
- AE-8574 – A check-in cannot be completed with an email address in which the first character is capitalized.
Release Date: 27 Apr 2023
Improved Printing Behavior
The Visitor Kiosk card printing badge feature has been updated with the current behavior when configured inside cards:
- When the user clicks on the “Print Badge” button, the “Done” button is disabled and cannot be clicked. After the printing is completed, the “Done” button is enabled for the users to click.
- If the user decides to not print the badge, the “Done” button can be clicked on to complete the check-in process.
- The badge is automatically printed. While the print job is in motion, the “Done” button is disabled and cannot be clicked. The button can only be clicked after the printing job is completed.
- User Action:
- The user can click on the “Done” button to complete the check-in process.
- CT-3740 – The Visitor Card accent color does not follow the configured branding theme color.
- AE-9050 – Unable to print Visitor badges or labels when the “Done” button is clicked immediately after the “Print Badge” button.
Release Date: 29 September 2022
Capability Remove Emails From Host Directory
- This improvement allows the customer’s Admin the ability to hide or show the host’s email address when a drop-in visitor is searching for a host to contact about a visit without the host’s email address being disclosed.
Release Date: 8 September 2022
Visitor Card Improvements
- Custom card developers may now retrieve Visitor and Invitation GUIDs from Visitor cards, for easier identification, via a custom card that is used in resource checkpoints.
Release Date: 24 August 2022
Improved Badge Printing Options
- A new Print Badge configuration option enables users to choose between Auto and User Action to allow visitors to print visitor photo for badge printing.
- Visitor Kiosk card printing quality improves when produced on iOS devices.
- AE-8150 – When attempting to print visitor badges on an iOS device, the outcomes are blurry and the photo is distorted, that’s not supposed to happen on any iOS device.
- AE-8335 – The “Rich Text” of the Checkpoints’ left, center, and right justification settings do not work as intended and instead show the checkpoint’s rich text as center justification.
Release Date: 11 March 2022
Support Custom Text and Theme Colors
Authors and administrators can now change the card’s default background colors and default text in the following areas:
- Welcome view
- Notify host screen
- Visitor check-in screen
- CT-2926 – The Retake Photo button on the Visitor Kiosk card is shown improperly when a visitor attempts to validate their registration at the kiosk.
- CT-2912 – UI and grammatical errors on the Visitor Kiosk card.
Release Date: 4 Aug 2022
- AE-8245 – In the Phone Number section of the Visitor Registration Form, the user is unable to insert a phone number.
Release Date: 30 June 2022
- CT-3165 – The logo on the card is misaligned; it should be on the left but appears in the center.
- CT-3185 – The time and date are not displayed in English on the card, although English is selected as the default language in the Employee App Language settings.
Release Date: 7 Apr 2022
- AE-7846 – Photo image is stretched when taken on smaller screen devices.
Release Date: 25 Feb 2022
Visitor Kiosk Card General Availability
The Visitor Kiosk card is used for kiosk check-ins with the Appspace Visitor Management system that is used to invite external users (visitors) to a meeting or event held at your company.
The following features are available once the card is configured:
- badge printing
For configuration instructions, please refer to the Cards: Visitor Kiosk Check-Ins article.
Was this article helpful?