These release notes provide information on the new features, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in each release for the Weather Card, which is also an Appspace supported card.
Release Date: 6 Dec 2019
The Weather Card has been updated with the following optimizations:
- The weather information label has been updated to display the Low/High order consistently.
- The background weather videos have been updated with slower motion videos, and include a crossfade transition during the video loop.
- Improvements to card background customizations:
- When a user selects a background color with video enabled, the background color is rendered with 30% opacity by default. However, users can manually change the opacity levels.
- When a user uploads an image with video enabled, the image is displayed at 100% opacity by default, which blocks the motion background from being viewed. This can be fixed by uploading a PNG image with transparency levels managed by the user from the source file.
- Animations (transitions) are automatically disabled if a playlist channel contains videos and a Weather card with background video, on BrightSign, LG, & SSSP Tizen devices, to enable smooth video to video playback.
Release Date: 6 Nov 2019
Introducing the Weather card that allows users to display a 5-day weather forecast of the current location.
The following customizations are available on the Weather card:
- Configure the temperature unit in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Display temperature unit.
- Display motion background.
- Display advanced weather information.
- Display the country or state of the location.
- Configure text color.
- Configure background color.
Find the weather card configuration article here: Create Weather card