This article lists all the requirements necessary to install, configure, and use Appspace 7.2 on-prem.
Use this information to ensure you are always working with an Appspace supported and optimized system for hardware, operating system, network, and browsers.
The table below lists the minimum and recommended system requirements, necessary to run an efficient Appspace on-prem server.
The table below lists the prerequisite software necessary to host Appspace on an on-prem server. You may choose either one of the database options listed.
Please ensure your local network that hosts the Appspace on-prem server is configured as per the requirements listed below to ensure a seamless and secure content delivery.
Configure your network, firewall, or proxy servers to allow access to the sites and ports listed below to ensure all registered devices and users on an Appspace on-prem server have uninterrupted access to Appspace Cloud, necessary for content and system updates.
- HTTPS is required for communications. Download and install a valid SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate for the Appspace on-prem server. Refer to the How to Set Up SSL on IIS 7 instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/manage/configuring-security/how-to-set-up-ssl-on-iis
- TLS 1.2 is required for communications. Ensure TLS 1.2 is enabled by referring to the TLS 1.2 section in the Transport Layer Security (TLS) registry settings article here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/security/tls/tls-registry-settings
- Configure the DNS (Domain Name Server) with a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
Approved URLs List
Ensure that traffic to the following domains is not blocked by firewalls or network proxies on your on-prem server:
- Any external NTP server (alternative to using an internal NTP server).
- Any external content sources (e.g RSS feeds and websites).
If your existing network uses a local web/HTTP proxy for outgoing connections to the Internet, grant access to the following websites:
- World Weather Online (www.worldweatheronline.com) – Mandatory if weather forecasts are for countries outside the US.
- RSS Sources (various URLs) – Mandatory if you are using RSS widgets.
Network Protocol and Ports
- HTTPS (443) – HTTPS port 443 open towards Appspace server(s).
You may configure your firewall to allow access to the following ports only if necessary:
- HTTP (80) – HTTP redirect of end-users to Appspace server(s).
- SMTP (25) – E-mail notifications.
- UDP (123) – For access to NTP packages.
- TCP/UDP (53) – For access to a DNS server.
- TCP/UDP 8884 – Application Networking Manager (ANM) trusted communications, if using ANM. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (8885-8887) – SureVue mesh networking and ANM communication. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (9090) – Chromium debugging services. The port is open by default, but the listening service is disabled. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
Listed below are the supported web browser versions for client machines used to access the Appspace platform.
Additional Browser Requirements:
- Disable pop-up blocker.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024×768 is recommended.
Was this article helpful?