The IAdea Smart Signboard devices are integrated with the Appspace App and HTML5-based room scheduling cards, to provide you an ideal meeting room booking solution, with a simple way to view room availability, book instant meetings, extend a meeting that is in-progress, or schedule a future meeting.
This article provides instructions to configure and register IAdea Smart Signboard devices with Appspace App.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications, as well as the Appspace App’s minimum requirements. Please refer to Appspace App requirements.
- Create a Room Schedule card with one of the following calendar providers:
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Google G Suite.
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Microsoft Office 365.ImportantWhen adding the room schedule card to a playlist, please set Content Duration to 8 minutes for optimum results.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient device licenses to register the device.
- Account Owner or Location Admin user roles with sufficient platform licenses.
- An active Internet connection.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.Note
- Appspace cloud servers by default retrieve time from a NTP server. If an Appspace on-premises server is used, ensure the server time is automatically retrieved by a NTP server.
Appspace has updated the timezone configurations, which now includes timezones other than GMT. This enables users with daylight savings to adjust the time accordingly.
For more information, please refer to the Appspace 7.1-ac.8 Release Notes
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace Approved URLs and the relevant network ports.On your proxy server, ensure our approved URLs are listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection.
Configure IAdea Smart Signboard
Follow the instructions below to install and launch the Appspace App on the IAdea Smart Signboard device:
- Navigate to System > Downloads from the Appspace menu, and download the Appspace App for Android client (android-arm7-prod.apk).
- Copy the android-arm7-prod.apk file to an SD card, or a USB drive according to your preference.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the How to install 3rd-party Android apps or apk? support article:
- Once installation is complete, enter the Basic Settings menu on the device, and navigate to Advanced > Content > AppStart.
- Click the Add icon, and enter in the Package name as com.appspace.app, and click Set.
- Click Play to launch Appspace App.
- Once successfully connected, the Appspace App device registration page is displayed.
- Follow the instructions, from Step 2 onwards, in the Register a device article.
- In the Register a New Device window, type in the 6-character registration code, enter the device name, and select a network.
- Assign the playlist channel containing the Room Schedule card in the Assign a channel field.
- Click the Register button.
- Once registration and content syncing is complete, you can view and browse the meeting room application on the device.NoteFor information on how to use the room scheduling cards and features available, go to Create room scheduling cards and manage bookings.
Was this article helpful?