The IAdea Smart Signboard devices are integrated with the Appspace App and HTML5-based room scheduling cards, to provide you an ideal meeting room booking solution, with a simple way to view room availability, book instant meetings, extend a meeting that is in-progress, or schedule a future meeting.
This article provides instructions to configure and register IAdea Smart Signboard devices with Appspace App.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications, as well as the Appspace App’s minimum requirements. Please refer to Appspace App requirements.
- Create a Room Schedule card with one of the following calendar providers:
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Google G Suite.
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Microsoft Office 365.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient User IDs for user mode, or Device IDs for device mode.
- An active Internet connection.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace whitelist URLs and the relevant network ports.
- On your proxy server, whitelist the hostnames listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection
Configure IAdea Smart Signboard
Follow the instructions below to install and launch the Appspace App on the IAdea Smart Signboard device:
- Navigate to System > Downloads from the Appspace menu, and download the Appspace App for Android client (android-arm7-prod.apk).
- Copy the android-arm7-prod.apk file to an SD card, or a USB drive according to your preference.
- Follow the instructions outlined in the How to install 3rd-party Android apps or apk? support article:
- Once installation is complete, enter the Basic Settings menu on the device, and navigate to Advanced > Content > AppStart.
- Click the Add icon, and enter in the Package name as com.appspace.app, and click Set.
- Click Play to launch Appspace App.
- Once successfully connected, the Appspace App device registration page is displayed.
- Follow the instructions, from Step 2 onwards, in the Register a device article.
- In the Register a New Device window, type in the 6-character registration code, enter the device name, and select a network.
- Assign the playlist channel containing the Room Schedule card in the Assign a channel field.
- Click the Register button.
- Once registration and content syncing is complete, you can view and browse the meeting room application on the device.